Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls giant flag?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Perhaps we should get a smaller one when we get to our new stadium, I'm sure there will be storage space there.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
how about a patchwork flag that we all have a portion of and if any part is missing on matchdays we can easily identify the bad fan? storage and laundering no problem obviously the poppers to join it all together will have to be plastic as dont really want the metal interacting with the wool. That can be nasty at a high temp

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Too early to organise one. Let's do it the end of next year so we have it in time for Falmer. We raised 2 grand last time although I'm sure we could get it done cheaper next time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It needs someone to own this and take charge of the new flag if we do it which is where it all went wrong before I'm afraid.

Step forward someone......................

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
It needs someone to own this and take charge of the new flag if we do it which is where it all went wrong before I'm afraid.

Step forward someone......................

That is a f***ing ridiculous suggestion, it relies on someone going to every game the flag goes to and taking responsibility for it. Which is all well and good except that you can't carry the flag on your own/are perfectly entitled to go to the pub/might want to take friends/family/kids.

Unfortunately (and this will sound wanky) the giant flag only really served to illustrate that 99% of people talk a good game but are incapable of sincerity when it comes to it, for whatever reason. I'd love it if another shot worked out though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That is a f***ing ridiculous suggestion, it relies on someone going to every game the flag goes to and taking responsibility for it. Which is all well and good except that you can't carry the flag on your own/are perfectly entitled to go to the pub/might want to take friends/family/kids.

Unfortunately (and this will sound wanky) the giant flag only really served to illustrate that 99% of people talk a good game but are incapable of sincerity when it comes to it, for whatever reason. I'd love it if another shot worked out though.

About right yes someone needs to own the flag no matter what.

Are you up for it and before you ask my answer is no.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Could we use part of the Forty Notes fund? (NB: What's happening to that dosh?) I'd be willing to contribute, and willing to go on a rota to help out. Part of the problem with the old flag was it's WEIGHT. Hopefully we could get a new one made out of a lighter material ??? The Sevilla one looks to be sort of "floating". Certainly a Giant Flag would help improve the Withdean atmosphere - I remember some great evening games with the flag passed over the South Stand.

PS: Could this be made Sticky?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here