Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Fans ID Cards

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
20 years ago Thatcher wanted every fan in England to be compelled to have one of these after Millwall went a bit mental in Luton.

Now 'the kids' are making them for themselves on their new hi-tec toys.

How rum.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Guinness Boy said:
20 years ago Thatcher wanted every fan in England to be compelled to have one of these after Millwall went a bit mental in Luton.

Now 'the kids' are making them for themselves on their new hi-tec toys.

How rum.

I guess with places like Arsenal now issuing swipe cards rather than season tickets and places having scanners on the turnstiles to read the tickets rather than some old boy operating the turnstile means that Maggie's plan has come in by stealth anyway.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Uncle Buck said:
I guess with places like Arsenal now issuing swipe cards rather than season tickets and places having scanners on the turnstiles to read the tickets rather than some old boy operating the turnstile means that Maggie's plan has come in by stealth anyway.

thats more to do with cost saving than anything, i think her idea was to stop trouble at football by making all fans have ID cards so if you were naughty and they confiscated it you couldnt get a tickt for any matches. with the scheme as arsenal, leeds reading etc. no one checks your pass to see you are who you say you are

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
surrey jim said:
thats more to do with cost saving than anything, i think her idea was to stop trouble at football by making all fans have ID cards so if you were naughty and they confiscated it you couldnt get a tickt for any matches. with the scheme as arsenal, leeds reading etc. no one checks your pass to see you are who you say you are

But the technology is there to do so.

If you have a swipe card it is more than possible to flag up you are bad, suspect etc and this can trigger the system when you attempt to use it.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Course he's not.

just some internet nerd trying to make new buddies.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
realfan said:
Hey I'm preparing Id Cards so all members of the site SeagullsFans.com can download and paste these ids on Bebo - MySpace, North Stand Chat etc.

Can you give me advice on what you think of it?

idcardslc3.jpg

Do they have to have Jimmy Nail's photo on? Or can it be any of the characters from Auf Wiedersehen Pet?

realfan

Nov 29, 2006
bristolseagull said:
Course he's not.

just some internet nerd trying to make new buddies.

Wow loving people talking about me - after all I have no friends :lolol: . Well I'm a Internet nerd alright but I could still enjoy football.

Please feel free to knick the idea - see if it works for you - if you need any help give me a shout, always happy to help

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
realfan said:
Wow loving people talking about me - after all I have no friends :lolol: . Well I'm a Internet nerd alright but I could still enjoy football.

Please feel free to knick the idea - see if it works for you - if you need any help give me a shout, always happy to help

So if you're not a Brighton fan, it's a business venture?

realfan

Nov 29, 2006
Just to clarify - we are few friends seeing what we can do in our spare time. So we came up with the idea to start a Seagulls Fan Website - We got Raj the techy guy involved becuase he has nothing better to do in life any way :lolol:

Some of us are Albion fans - Our techy bloke is a football fan!

Andy

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
realfan said:
Just to clarify - we are few friends seeing what we can do in our spare time. So we came up with the idea to start a Seagulls Fan Website - We got Raj the techy guy involved becuase he has nothing better to do in life any way :lolol:

Some of us are Albion fans - Our techy bloke is a football fan!

Andy

But you're not?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here