Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls eye triple swoop

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Lua Lua would be BRILLIANT. Fasted player in the league, scares the shit out of defences and is great to watch.

I think barnes is probably quite average - but given our other striking options apart from Murray are totally GASH, he's an important signing if we can't do better.

Hendrie - not fussed.

Bloody hell, whats happening, i keep finding myself to be in agreement with you:blush:
As you say, Hendrie for me wasnt that impressive, did well, but nothing irreplaceable, imo not the goalscoring midfielder or the captain we need, and will no doubt despite his pay-cut be after high wages. Lua Lua scares defences and attracts attention creating space for others, his final delivery was poor, but if it was half decent he would be far higher than league 1. Barnes obviously did well, and would be great to get him, but i dont think hes the 20 goal striker.

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
i hope we get all 3, all better than what we've got at the mo so why not??

lualua scares the shit out of defenders
a fit hendrie could have plenty to offer at this level
barnes scores goals! we could quite easily spend a few hundred thousand on a "proven goalscorer" and they turn out shite. if the boy is scoring goals why look elsewhere.

Still think we would need another forward in addition to murray and barnes tho

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Everyone going on about a South American player signing , i bet its Arismendi on a season long loan .

Who is going on about a South American signing?...i dont see too much of it here to be honest ?
Stoke may want keep him ....all its all just such a f***ing guessing game ATM
Lets all just wait....the next couple of weeks, will be good for all of us.
WE CAN STOP GUESSING !!!!

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I can't believe people are so flippant about Hendrie. Do you not want to see what a player of his quality can do after a full pre-season? If fit, he will be the best player in the division by a COUNTRY MILE. Its Lee Hendrie for f*** sake.....

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
I can't believe people are so flippant about Hendrie. Do you not want to see what a player of his quality can do after a full pre-season? If fit, he will be the best player in the division by a COUNTRY MILE. Its Lee Hendrie for f*** sake.....

Couldnt agree more ... some of the things he did last season actually got me out of my seat !
Were talking League 1 here for gawds sake.
AND he has said he would love to come back here ..its quality ..at this level !

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Anyone who bangs on about teaching lualua to cross didn't see his last couple of games for us. He's only young FFS.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I hope its hendrie , sparrow and 2 other players and i reckon we will have to wait on lua lua and barnes once we spoken to their clubs and got the deals done and thats just what i think.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Anyone who bangs on about teaching lualua to cross didn't see his last couple of games for us. He's only young FFS.

Indeed. And the cross Barnes scored from V Southampton<3 shows he can cross, will get more consistent with age and experience I reckon.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will people note that it is Lee Hendrie who we are trying to sign not Colin Hendry or even Ian Hendrie. He will be an immense signing for us if he does sign permenanytly and the most important signing of the possible 3. Will not be worried if we dont manage to sign Lua Lua but would love to sign his brother as a striker. Barnes would be a good squad signing but we need a regular to play alongside Murray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here