Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls eye triple swoop

If it's excitement we're after, then LuaLua is the man. Hendrie, once fully match fit, could really make a difference. Barnes? OK - but there might be others who could be just as good.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
In order of 'must sign':
1) LuaLua
2) Hendrie
3) Barnes

:thumbsup:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
We badly need a Crofts replacement, which is going to prove more difficult than most people thought.

And two new strikers is a must if we have any hopes of finishing top half

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
How can people not be bothered about Lua-Lua? He was immense last season (as was Barnes).

Hendrie I am not sure about, not because of his quality but more about whether his legs have gone or not. Judgement may be best served once he has had a decent pre-season under his belt but of course we dont really have that luxury.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Lua Lua would be BRILLIANT. Fasted player in the league, scares the shit out of defences and is great to watch.

I think barnes is probably quite average - but given our other striking options apart from Murray are totally GASH, he's an important signing if we can't do better.

Hendrie - not fussed.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Lua Lua would be BRILLIANT. Fasted player in the league, scares the shit out of defences and is great to watch.

I think barnes is probably quite average - but given our other striking options apart from Murray are totally GASH, he's an important signing if we can't do better.
Hendrie - not fussed.

Agree with that.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think that Lua Lua provided much needed spark and inspiration and Barnes effectively fired us to safety.

Hendrie just kinda kept Dicker out of the side to be honest. I'd like him as a back-up to Sparrow (if we sign him) but not as a regular starter.

I think (probably stupidly) that Murray will struggle to force his way in after suspension if we sign Barnes and another.

In summary:

Lua Lua = Yes
Barnes = Yes
Hendrie = Not fussed

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Barnes,but not at any price.Lua Lua is exciting to watch,but in a rather frustrating way.Hendrie,needs to get a good pre season fitnest and not break our wages structure. So IMO Gus and co will not be begging them.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Lua Lua is an absolutely class player and would be an amazing signing.

Barnes would be a decent signing. Certainly better than we have (barring Murray).

Hendrie would be a no from me. Wasn't greatly impressed last year with him.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And can someone teach LuaLua to cross in the meantime?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here