Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull World - help required, if you would be so kind as to....

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Got this for Xmas.

I can see the TV stories and the Classic matches when I click on them (wasn't the 5-4 at Sheffield just the best game we ever lost?!)

But when I click on the play button against any of this season's match highlights all I end up with is a blank and still black 'play screen' with all the re-wind, pause, play etc buttons beneath greyed out. It's not hanging because no hour glass appears. No message comes up asking me for more up to date MS applications etc. It just doesn't play anything.

Any ideas greatfully received given the Albion are largely closed for Xmas and I can't go to Yeovil on Sat.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If you're using Firefox I think you may have problems viewing it.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Player Appears Disabled (Buttons greyed out)

Initially, if you have Windows XP please download and install WMP Version: 10.00.00.3802 by clicking here

If you are on Windows '98SE; ME; NT or Windows 2000 please download and reinstall WMP Version: 9.00.00.3250 by clicking here

Please do NOT install WMP v11, This is not supported by Microsoft or ourselves

There is a problem with some Windows machines where the player appears disabled... all the buttons are greyed out. This is because the Windows Media Player defaults to the wrong proxy settings. Follow these instructions to rectify this.

1. Open your Windows Media Player (Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > Entertainment or MultiMedia > Windows Media Player)
2. Go to the View > Options Menu.
3. Select the Advanced Tab
4. Select Streaming Media (Windows Media)
5. Under Protocols > HTTP select "No Proxy"
6. Select Apply and OK.
7. Close your Windows Media Player, and reconnect.

In Internet Explorer: Check ActiveX enabled

In IE it could be possible you've turned off ActiveX controls for security reasons. To check this : Go to IE, Tools -> Internet Options menu. Click the Advanced tab. Scroll down that list :

When you get to Multimedia, ensure "Play videos in web pages" is checked. OK out of that. Next, have a look at the security options for the internet zone (click the Security tab, then Internet, then the "Custom Level" button).

On that list, under "Run ActiveX controls" ensure that's set to Enable or Prompt. OK out of that and restart the browser.
If you also get a further "Message Box" referring to a "script error" Please check your system clock is set to todays date.

This help entry applies to:

Windows 2000
Windows 98
Windows ME
Windows XP
WMP 9

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Should work through Internet Explorer though surely? I'll give it a go, though it didn't work via Firefox on my wife's laptop. But then that's an apple. Cheers anyway!:thumbsup:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Should work through Internet Explorer though surely? I'll give it a go, though it didn't work via Firefox on my wife's laptop. But then that's an apple. Cheers anyway!:thumbsup:

Yup works perfectly for me through Internet Explorer, but never worked on Firefox

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Brilliant, thanks for all the advice chaps. Will give it a go. If still no joy, then I'll have to take my Liverpool supporting computer engineer out for a beer. Could be a lot worse I suppose. He could support Palace.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Yup works perfectly for me through Internet Explorer, but never worked on Firefox

Seagulls World uses DRM to protect its content so you can only use it with IE. Thats why it won't work with Firefox.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here