Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scunthorpe away

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Not good for the fans to get to, but a weekend away for the team to bond on the road before the season starts, with a few new faces probably aboard, so a means to an end!?

Bonding 'on the road' sums it up as Torquay on 28th July then Scunny on 1st August - they'll be f***ed by the time they get back!!! :angry:

Unless TB's paying for them to fly, I suppose!! :salute:

Um, excuse me, £91 return to get there?

Now does anyone know of a way cheaper, excluding car?

If you can get to Victoria Coach Station for 8.30am you can be in Sheffield at 12.50 for £4. For another £4 you can return from Sheffield at 8pm, getting back to VCS at 11.45. Be quick, seats very limited at this price.

National Express - Booking form - Step 2

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Further to the above, I've just checked, and engineering work between Doncaster and Scunthorpe does not make this very viable. You can get trains from Sheff to Donny (£4.70 return) arriving 13.40 at the latest; not sure if this is in time to catch a bus to Scunny, though.

Would be very tight to say the least, it takes around 50 minutes on a rail replacement bus from Donny to Scunny and the replacement bus will also stop at all the local stations so would also extend the journey.

Would be very tight to say the least, it takes around 50 minutes on a rail replacement bus from Donny to Scunny and the replacement bus will also stop at all the local stations so would also extend the journey.

If anyone does end up on one of these buses, it's worth knowing that Althorpe Station is the same distance walking to the ground as from Scunthorpe (although there is no public transport from there.)

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I was amazed to read this. I can't think of a less likely pre-season friendly fixture.
But then it is primarily for the players and not us and presumably this late in the day, there aren't many teams who are still free that weekend.

But Scunny? Away!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Yeah, it might be uninspiring but they did completely outclass us in most departments twice last season, so it will be a good test and a marker to how far we've come since then.

This is of course the right answer.

Playing a club with a funny sounding name also gives the miserabilist Whinge Mafia the chance to show themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here