Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scumhamton fans gutted to miss out on Noone

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Therefore our capacity will be in early 30k's, and also means Southampton will no longer be self appointed top dogs on south coast.
Don't forget that St Mary's also has been built with a contingency to add a tier to all but one of the stands, giving a potential capacity of 50k+. That would cost about the same as the original build (circa £32m). Given the cost of building Falmer and the cost of expanding St Mary's, I expect the chance of either happening are quite slim. However, it is more likely to happen at St Mary's given that it has been selected as a venue for the 2015 Rugby World Cup - the IRB may actually fund the increase capacity themselves.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Liebherrs daughters are the ones who come over to watch matches and they are very well. It's been repeatedly stated that they are every bit as committed to the club as Markus (RIP) was

Phew. That certainly puts my mind, and yours I would imagine, at rest.

Lets hope they mean it, eh ?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
"the fee is reportedly 250k a make up bag and a packet of poppers, not sure how true that is though"

Oh my sides.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
Phew. That certainly puts my mind, and yours I would imagine, at rest.

Lets hope they mean it, eh ?

Cortese and the Liebherr family have been nothing but 100% honest up to this point. No reason for me or any other Saints fans to doubt them now. Doesn't really matter if you don't believe them.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Don't forget that St Mary's also has been built with a contingency to add a tier to all but one of the stands, giving a potential capacity of 50k+. That would cost about the same as the original build (circa £32m). Given the cost of building Falmer and the cost of expanding St Mary's, I expect the chance of either happening are quite slim. However, it is more likely to happen at St Mary's given that it has been selected as a venue for the 2015 Rugby World Cup - the IRB may actually fund the increase capacity themselves.

I wish you oppo. fans would get your numbers right. Is it 45k, 50k, or100k ?

I'm not playing 'think of a number' again...

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
Wikipedia wasnt it ?

Guess what - and here's the thing - people make up all kinds of lying shit and post it on Wikipedia.

It was well documented at the time of construction. Rupert Lowe said that if we sold 10k STs in our first season there he would expand the stadium - we sold around 16k and then he upped it to needing 20k. F*cker.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
I wish you oppo. fans would get your numbers right. Is it 45k, 50k, or100k ?

I'm not playing 'think of a number' again...
Does it matter what the exact number is? The contingency is to add tiers. The exact number of seats will be determined when and if it gets planned and designed. They might add seats like they have now, or they might add seats like those at MK Dons - bigger seats, but less of them. It is a guestimate, just like the the figures for Falmer.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
My stadium is bigger then your stadium, nooooOOO our stadium will be bigger than your stadium.

Our training facilities cost more, noooo, ouurs will cost more.

ZzzZzz

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Does it matter what the exact number is? The contingency is to add tiers. The exact number of seats will be determined when and if it gets planned and designed. They might add seats like they have now, or they might add seats like those at MK Dons - bigger seats, but less of them. It is a guestimate, just like the the figures for Falmer.

We will have same padded seats as the olympic stadium has in its premium areas throughout our stadium :smug:

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
My stadium is bigger then your stadium, nooooOOO our stadium will be bigger than your stadium.

Our training facilities cost more, noooo, ouurs will cost more.

ZzzZzz

It was your fans that gave it the "we will be top dog because we can expand to the same capacity as you". I was just pointing out that ours can be expanded to over double what the current capacity of yours is.

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It was your fans that gave it the "we will be top dog because we can expand to the same capacity as you". I was just pointing out that ours can be expanded to over double what the current capacity is.

Well that's all well & good, but we can make our new stadium the highest-standing structure in the world; with a capacity equating to the combined populations of France & Belgium. :thumbsup:

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Well that's all well & good, but we can make our new stadium the highest-standing structure in the world; with a capacity equating to the combined populations of France & Belgium. :thumbsup:

I thought it was France, Belgium and Luxembourg?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It was your fans that gave it the "we will be top dog because we can expand to the same capacity as you". I was just pointing out that ours can be expanded to over double what the current capacity of yours is.

Which you will never, ever require.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here