Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scumhamton fans gutted to miss out on Noone

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I will correct you then. Guly is on loan, he costs nothing other than wages, and the fee agreed if we want to sign him is around £800k.
As for bargain buys I know you lot don't rate Harding but he has been outstanding for us and he is on a free. We also signed Jaidi on a free, got Chaplow for £50k, Barnard for £100k and a sh*t striker in exchange, Dickson for £150k...I could go on. We spent £1million on Lambert and Fonte but I think they have proven they are more than worth it.
And just to correct you again, Guly isn't actually a striker - he is an attacking midfielder being used up front. 2 goals and 2 assists in his last 2 games, not bad is it?

Ok, I don't know that much about Guly, so sorry for being so wrong about him :laugh: Is Fonte the defender from Palace? Harding...he was shit against us last season and saw earlier in the season he was relegated to the bench. I don't know who Dickson is, and also Jaidi is terrible. I'm not saying Southampton is all bad, just I guess it is the aura of arrogance your club has, in how a lot of your fans believe you are too good for this league and everyone else isn't good enough. Wages add up to a lot of money, so on paper with the amount you have spent you should be walking it, but you aren't so do you put this down to bad luck or you are not as good as you think yo are?

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
Ok, I don't know that much about Guly, so sorry for being so wrong about him :laugh: Is Fonte the defender from Palace? Harding...he was shit against us last season and saw earlier in the season he was relegated to the bench. I don't know who Dickson is, and also Jaidi is terrible. I'm not saying Southampton is all bad, just I guess it is the aura of arrogance your club has, in how a lot of your fans believe you are too good for this league and everyone else isn't good enough. Wages add up to a lot of money, so on paper with the amount you have spent you should be walking it, but you aren't so do you put this down to bad luck or you are not as good as you think yo are?

Pardew was sacked for overworking the players in pre-season and causing injuries to Lallana, Lambert, Puncheon and Richardson. Up until the little break we had these last few weeks we were still feeling the effects of that as all the players were pretty much f*cked. And when Wilkins was caretaker manager I think we lost every single game, he was like a rabbit in the headlights.
Jaidi is far from terrible, he is an absolute rock - and the fact you haven't heard of Dickson is irrelevant. The fact is we have still brought in players on the cheap when they're available, contrary to popular belief.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
The Art of Accounting .... the "Southampton way"

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Apparently one of your defenders earns more in a week than our back four combined. But then again, it's only wages.....

Well 1. There is no way Poyet would have known that. I saw that quote myself and just rolled my eyes at it.
And 2. Maybe he does, in the game you played at our place you had a trainee at CB didn't you? It worked out that Fonte could have been on £6k a week and still earning more than your back 4. That's not a ridiculous amount of money for a player of his quality - IF it's even true.
As for "The art of accounting", do you genuinely think we have paid Guly Do Prado £1million+ in wages in half a season?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gus will have had a quiet word with Calde and his agent to see how much dosh they were prepared to splash out before Calde realised it was a false dawn at Saints , so knows one of the defenders is on £12k a week

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Please feel free to point out where you think I have been arrogant, so I can correct you again.

You haven't been at all, but it won't stop a lot of people on here claiming you to be from the big bad club that everyone hates. They'll ignore the fact that we have a thread of here trying to compare us with Arsenal, and another saying how we're going to easily put 5 past Exeter on Monday.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
The arrogance of saying that spening masses on wages is not much ra-de-dah, as we are in League One, when teams like Dagenham etc. would bite your arm off for anywhere near the amount you can offer (Not a lot, honest)

We are also aiming for the championship, not sure if you've noticed, and with one of your Centre Backs earning a heck of a lot more than our defenders (if the more than our whole back four thingy is true, even more so) it is ridiculous, as we have a better defensive record without paying the ridiculous amount. Condoscending attitude is a trifle annoying as well, as it seems to me like you are looking down your nose at us, which is a trait I have associated with most Southampton fans

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
The arrogance of saying that spening masses on wages is not much ra-de-dah, as we are in League One, when teams like Dagenham etc. would bite your arm off for anywhere near the amount you can offer (Not a lot, honest)

We are also aiming for the championship, not sure if you've noticed, and with one of your Centre Backs earning a heck of a lot more than our defenders (if the more than our whole back four thingy is true, even more so) it is ridiculous, as we have a better defensive record without paying the ridiculous amount. Condoscending attitude is a trifle annoying as well, as it seems to me like you are looking down your nose at us, which is a trait I have associated with most Southampton fans

No my friend, i'm looking down my nose at you alone, because you have completely misinterpreted what I have said. "Mcshane in the 79th" has obviously understood what i'm saying perfectly. I think some of you are just disliking us out of habit now. The poor spelling doesn't help either. Ah sh*t, that's condescending again. I will answer your points anyway.
The wages we are spending aren't much in relation to the quality of the players. We are aiming to go up this season, and challenge for promotion immediately after that. None of our players is on over £9k a week, this I know for a fact. Of course Daggers would love to have our resources - but it's hardly my fault our income is larger than theirs is it?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A small number of Brighton fans have been infected with "Leeds United" syndrome , is there a cure ?

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Oh my poor spelling of one word, okay. "I'm" is more accurate by the way, and I hasten to add I did not ask you a single question...If I have grasped the wrong end of the stick then it would be better to point this out to me and express what you mean in an adult way, as opposed to continue to act like a prick towards me. Thank you

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The wages we are spending aren't much in relation to the quality of the players.

Yes they are, when you consider what we pay our players and the relative performances/league standings of our teams.

Jaidi is one of the worst footballers I've ever seen. He looks like football is his 4th or maybe 5th sport. It was hilarious how he shat himself when Murray came on.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
Yes they are, when you consider what we pay our players and the relative performances/league standings of our teams.

Jaidi is one of the worst footballers I've ever seen. He looks like football is his 4th or maybe 5th sport. It was hilarious how he shat himself when Murray came on.

We weren't talking about the wage bill of the overall team though were we, we were talking about individual players. Fonte and Lambert are our top earners, and their wages are completely deserved.
As for Jaidi, are you really going to judge him on one game which was against the team at the top of the league? A number of your players looked awful that day, but I know full well that they're much better than they showed during those 90 minutes.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
We are very much in danger of becoming the 'villains' of the division - and more often than not it seems, they cease to prevail. How anyone can talk about arrogance being shown by the Southampton fan (who if you actually bothered to read the posts of, will find out he makes valid points) when as someone has already said, there is a thread comparing us to Arsenal and stating that we're going to put 5 past an Exeter side who have only lost once at home this season on Monday! :lolol:

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
We weren't talking about the wage bill of the overall team though were we, we were talking about individual players. Fonte and Lambert are our top earners, and their wages are completely deserved.
As for Jaidi, are you really going to judge him on one game which was against the team at the top of the league? A number of your players looked awful that day, but I know full well that they're much better than they showed during those 90 minutes.

Fair points, but would you say Fonte's been worthy of the large wages he receives this season? And, off topic slightly, do you think you'll keep hold of Oxlade-Chamberlain in January? If not how much do you reckon you'll get for him? I must also take this time to apologise for being incorrect and idiotic towards you.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
Fair points, but would you say Fonte's been worthy of the large wages he receives this season? And, off topic slightly, do you think you'll keep hold of Oxlade-Chamberlain in January? If not how much do you reckon you'll get for him? I must also take this time to apologise for being incorrect and idiotic towards you.

As i've said, if we go up then all of a sudden his wages won't seem large. And I fully believe he deserves them, he is an absolute class above any defender i've seen this season. His brain seems to work 10 times faster than anyone elses. Still amazes me now we managed to get him to step down a league.
Chamberlain is a difficult one. If the fees being touted around are true then we'll sell - turning down £10million would be ridiculous. I don't believe that we'll be offered anywhere near that though, and i'm pretty confident he'll stay. Having said all that he is probably replaceable. I'm more worried about getting Lallanas contract sorted out before it expires this summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here