Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scumhamton fans gutted to miss out on Noone

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
''Surely we are a better bet then Brighton unless he is offered 1st choice football''

Made me laugh out loud that

They really are a bunch of arrogant ***** aren't they. Once we are at Falmer we are every bit as good as them with more potential and a better ground. Oh and Southampton is largely a shithole.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It's all a shithole in my view.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Whats funny is that they all seem oblivious to the fact that now Liebherr is 6 feet under there is a lot of uncertainty from his family and estate as to whether they are going to continue to indulge in his private plaything. Cortese thinks he's running the show but it will be interesting to see if any money is available to them in the January transfer window. I think the Liebherr family will pull the plug and leave them in shit street again, at least I hope they do. Not remotely bothered by Southampton, we are easily equal in size but far superior in terms of team, style of football, manager, stadium, potential and Sussex is such a nicer place to be as well.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The most fun post on that board is the one that suggests we are getting worried about them and then posts a link to illustrate how much we are crapping ourselves.

To a Wycombe Wanderers messageboard :lolol:

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
They really are a bunch of arrogant ***** aren't they. Once we are at Falmer we are every bit as good as them with more potential and a better ground. Oh and Southampton is largely a shithole.

Never had cause to dislike them before, but by coincidence I've met a couple of Stains fans through business recently - both of them seemed 100% convinced that they would finish top, and both referenced the fact that their stadium is too good for league 1. One of them, a Southampton season ticket holder (so not just an occasional fan with an excuse for being clueless), was totally bemused by our 'surprising' start to the season and was unaware that we would be moving into a new stadium next year. Too small a sample to make generalisations of course, but in my view they're already on a par with the P*mp*y scum as the 2nd= most dislikeable club in the country.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Absolutely. It's totally embarrassing. It's a bit like the 'hate' of Leeds a few years ago. They don't give a shit about us so let's not look like absolute retards by getting all worked up about them every day of the week.

Don't care. Hate Southampton. Always have, always will. I'm not obsessed, i just hate them. Portsmouth too.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Absolutely. It's totally embarrassing. It's a bit like the 'hate' of Leeds a few years ago. They don't give a shit about us so let's not look like absolute retards by getting all worked up about them every day of the week.

They do give a shit about us.......to the extent that they know they have to acquire more points than us to win the top spot that is 'rightfully theirs'. I think the misplaced arrogance of many of their fans is worthy of comment on a football message board!

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I just look at Southampton and think they spend too much on adequate players. They spent, correct me if I'm wrong, £1 million + for Guly Do Prado who doesn't look like a brilliant striker in this league, (yes he scored twice today) but Glenn Murray who we bought for about £300,000 is brilliant, Painter and Calde on frees, Bridcutt too, Kishishev, Sparrow, Greer for £250,000! Our club's business seems a hell of a lot better and sustainable thn that of southampton, as if their owners do pull out and this drip of money is taken out, they are truly fudged (if no-one fancies buying a League One club and pumping shit loads in)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Are they your third team after Manchester United and Brighton ?

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
Whats funny is that they all seem oblivious to the fact that now Liebherr is 6 feet under there is a lot of uncertainty from his family and estate as to whether they are going to continue to indulge in his private plaything. Cortese thinks he's running the show but it will be interesting to see if any money is available to them in the January transfer window. I think the Liebherr family will pull the plug and leave them in shit street again, at least I hope they do. Not remotely bothered by Southampton, we are easily equal in size but far superior in terms of team, style of football, manager, stadium, potential and Sussex is such a nicer place to be as well.

You seem oblivious to the fact that Cortese has given interviews where he's said the Liebherr family are 100% committed to the cause. He has been nothing but honest since he took over, no reason to doubt him now.
As for funds - we recently changed our planning application for a new training ground to make them even better, I doubt that would be happening if the money wasn't there.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
I just look at Southampton and think they spend too much on adequate players. They spent, correct me if I'm wrong, £1 million + for Guly Do Prado who doesn't look like a brilliant striker in this league, (yes he scored twice today) but Glenn Murray who we bought for about £300,000 is brilliant, Painter and Calde on frees, Bridcutt too, Kishishev, Sparrow, Greer for £250,000! Our club's business seems a hell of a lot better and sustainable thn that of southampton, as if their owners do pull out and this drip of money is taken out, they are truly fudged (if no-one fancies buying a League One club and pumping shit loads in)

I will correct you then. Guly is on loan, he costs nothing other than wages, and the fee agreed if we want to sign him is around £800k.
As for bargain buys I know you lot don't rate Harding but he has been outstanding for us and he is on a free. We also signed Jaidi on a free, got Chaplow for £50k, Barnard for £100k and a sh*t striker in exchange, Dickson for £150k...I could go on. We spent £1million on Lambert and Fonte but I think they have proven they are more than worth it.
And just to correct you again, Guly isn't actually a striker - he is an attacking midfielder being used up front. 2 goals and 2 assists in his last 2 games, not bad is it?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The most fun post on that board is the one that suggests we are getting worried about them and then posts a link to illustrate how much we are crapping ourselves.

To a Wycombe Wanderers messageboard :lolol:

Easy mistake to make for a Saints fan , muddling up Chairboys with Gayboys :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here