Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Leave 5grand bikes alone, you bully!!!

large_image.asp

£4,674

:drool:

Agree that bike looks :drool:

But like f**k would i EVER pay that much for a bike even if i was a multi billionaire

A true story;

In Los Angeles I bought a used Jeep CJ7, and on the way to the insurance broker, the brakes blew out when I had to make an emergency-stop.
I ran over a bicycle with the fortunate rider falling to the side - he suffered a grazed shin from one of the pedals.
However, in true American style, he rolled on the floor claiming fatal injury and insisted on an ambulance to take him to hospital. Despite my protestations that I hadn't insured the vehicle yet but would pay for his new bike, he said candidly that he "was covered by an uninsured motorist policy, and this would cover his bills".
Okay, so I loaded his pal and both super-light bikes (inc. the one I crumpled) and followed the ambulance to hospital where he spent the night under observation after numerous X-rays.
A week later, I found a 2nd-hand replacement 'De Rosa' Italian bike for $1500, with even-better Campagnola gears and brakes etc. and delivered it to him.

Sadly, his insurance co. was then on my tail and wanting to arrange renumeration of $15,350 (!!) for all bills and expenses. I was mortified, and looking at years of repayments......except he had claimed for the full price of a brand-new De Rosa racing bike! The insurance company didn't believe me when I said I'd already replaced it - but then realising the implications of fraud, the agent suddenly muttered "thanks, we'll get back to you if we need to".

The fraudster, from his Bel-Air house of opulence, would have been left with the whole hospital bill from his own pocket, and probably under threat of a fraud case and possible jail sentance. The insurance co un-doubtably dropped him as a client, blacklisted him and were totally exempted from any payout whatsoever.
Karma came to his house.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here