Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scr

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is my car radio knackered or is reception around Withdean and up the hill on the A27 to Worthing crap?

I missed 90% of the MM interview as it was lost in crackle and fade.

Do I need a new radio/aerial or is it time for SCR to sort it out, unless Brighton is not supposed to be covered by it in a Meridien doesn't cover Brighton much sort of way? :lol:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Sounds like your car radio is knackered, try Huet Car Audio in either Hove or Worthing, tell them youan Albion fan and you will get a discount.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Harty said:
Sounds like your car radio is knackered, try Huet Car Audio in either Hove or Worthing, tell them youan Albion fan and you will get a discount.

Harty will do ANYTHING do double his listening figures, that's what I call service :jester:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Is my car radio knackered or is reception around Withdean and up the hill on the A27 to Worthing crap?

I missed 90% of the MM interview as it was lost in crackle and fade.

Do I need a new radio/aerial or is it time for SCR to sort it out, unless Brighton is not supposed to be covered by it in a Meridien doesn't cover Brighton much sort of way? :lol:

Last night going home, on the A23, just before the Texaco station (hardly miles out of Brighton) my radio switched to the Surrey frequency? ??? ??? That was great-listening to MM and the phone in then suddenly get some effeminate male presenter talking to Doris in Dorking about her ha'penny! Not what us rugged, manly football fans want to hear:lol:

SCR is getting worse during the day too-in Farnham (Surrey) I regularly get switched to Radio Berks by my car's RDS? ??? ???

It's beginning to piss me off-try to get some Albion news (bad enough on Surrey frequencies at the best of times) and just as the sports bulletin comes on I get switched to Radio Solent, London FM or Berkshire. Get them to sort it out Harty FFS!!!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
blimey, in the dark ages I used to have to travel to Worcestersestersestershoire regularly, and I could pick SCR up on match days until I got to the M4 . . . . I did have a proper radio in an old Cortina though.

the thought of listening to SCR any other time is akin to voluntary root canal surgery imo :eek:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
It might actually be down to quality of car radio's, spoke to Hinsh last night who said he picked the phone-in up on Saturday once he'd come over the bridge at the Dartford crossing.
Once again all I can say is give Huets a call.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The reception in the hills up by the Dyke has ALWAYS been shit, and I missed most of the MM interview because of it last night. But once down the other side I can get a decent reception most of the way back into Surrey.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Curious Orange said:
The reception in the hills up by the Dyke has ALWAYS been shit, and I missed most of the MM interview because of it last night. But once down the other side I can get a decent reception most of the way back into Surrey.

So Harty is trying to get me to spend money with his mates when there's nothing wrong with my radio at all? :lolol:

Gets radio 2 and Southern Pap Sound fine ;)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Jello said:
Bwian, try turning off your RDS?

I do that but it pisses me off that when I'm in the middle of 'SCR Country' I get switched to London, Berks, Solent and God forbid-Kent:ohmy:

As I drive back to Guildford after games I spend half the journey trying to find the SCR freq. with Albion stuff on it and I'm bolloxed if I'm going to go home via Partridge Green. It's now Radio Surrey with Albion coverage within 7 miles of Withdean (excluding the crackles which extends the footprint).

Coming back from the Hereford game I picked up SCR near Swindon-now I can't get it south of Handcross:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here