Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scr Website - Falmer Alternatives Poll

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I CANNOT believe that Brighton station has been mentioned when Sainburys are in the process of building there.

It really doesn't make sense.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
No, we should all bombard SCR and insist they add Falmer to the options.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Bugger that I've voted for Waterhall! Still bugger all chance of getting it but at least it's a decent site!

Basler

Feb 5, 2004
Basel
Have just sent the following comment ...

I have just read the report at the following link:http://www.bbc.co.uk/southerncounties/news/2003/02/falmer/falmer_main.shtml

Why is "Falmer" not listed as one option on the survey. From reading all the relevant information it is clear that whilst the Planning inspectors recommended the Falmer planning application should be rejected, the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister has not followed this recommendation. The purpose of re-opening of the public inquiry, in the words of the ODPM spokesperson is that "Before making the final decision John Prescott would like further evidence that Falmer is the best option available."

For a large number of people, including BHA FC, the city council and over 140 MP's that have signed an early day motion supporting the club, Falmer is the best site for the stadium. Why has this not been reflected in your reporting and analysis of the current situation.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
I have e-mailed SCR on southerncounties@bbc.co.uk telling them exactly what I have thought about thir coverage since yesterday morning and I think everyone should do the same.
I am never going to listen to this pathetic radio staion again !!!!!!!!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Basler said:
Have just sent the following comment ...

I have just read the report at the following link:http://www.bbc.co.uk/southerncounties/news/2003/02/falmer/falmer_main.shtml

Why is "Falmer" not listed as one option on the survey. From reading all the relevant information it is clear that whilst the Planning inspectors recommended the Falmer planning application should be rejected, the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister has not followed this recommendation. The purpose of re-opening of the public inquiry, in the words of the ODPM spokesperson is that "Before making the final decision John Prescott would like further evidence that Falmer is the best option available."

For a large number of people, including BHA FC, the city council and over 140 MP's that have signed an early day motion supporting the club, Falmer is the best site for the stadium. Why has this not been reflected in your reporting and analysis of the current situation.

I don't think they've done anything wrong here. Prescott as asked us to look at ALTERNAIVE SITES. Falmer is not an ALTERNATIVE SITE so it is not included in the poll. Obvious really.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I voted Waterhall but I wanted Shoreham Harbour as that would RULE!...not wuite sure how I mixed them up but I did ???

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
also the very first paragraph:
"It's an issue which has split a city"

no it has'nt! Its split between 60,000+ people who voted for it and a small village (not sure how many are against), if it was split then 60,000 would be against it...but it is'nt!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
tommy boy 86 said:
why would shoreham harbour rule????

closer to me mainly and it'd be the best looking stadium in the country next to the sea and would be visable from France :D

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I always thought in the Marina or on reclaimed land from the sea would look the best! Imagine a stadium at the end of a purpose built pier!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here