Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SCR Phone in ?!

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Is it just me, or do there seem to be very few callers in the time it is on air? A lot of air space is taken up by Ian Hart (who incidently I have no problem with) making opinions or Mike Ward or Somebody else who might be in the vicinity. I don't want to stop Mike Ward (as on another thread) or Harty talking, but come on guys make an effort to get through more than 3 callers an hour !!! (If you don't recieve any more then ok, but I don't think this is the case )

bosnian

Jul 31, 2003
I think you'll find there were quite a few waiting to get on last night, but they let Mike Ward have yet more air time spouting off about a comment placed on nsc.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What comment was that? Axe the Harty and Ward show!

Last edited:

The Beaconsfield

Aug 17, 2003
The phone-in is a good idea and the match commentary is brilliant but the fact remains that only certain opinions are taken seriously and it appears that only mainstream views are given serious airtime.

I used to have a bit of a problem with Ian Hart but was very encouraged by a brief meeting I had with him at the fans forum and I also understand that due to his close links with the club he is in a difficult position. However the point of a phone-in is to allow all views to be expressed without fear of who at the club is upset by our comments.

If somebody wants to criticise Steve Coppell, Dick Knight, Withdean, the matchday programme or the haircut of the chief groundsman they should be allowed to do so.

The listening figures would increase and it would be a far more interesting programme. Let's start by ditching Mike Ward and increasing the amount of calls.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
It is not the content of the show, and I cannot comment on last night as I was at Boro' but generally, it is the amount of callers. There seems to be a lot of padding between calls. Rather like Talk sport has about 2 callers an hour on now.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Time for a bit of honesty here, there were problems with the phone-in last night.
Unfortunately due to the telephone system, all calls after 10.30 were diverted to Radio Solent as they would be on a normal night.
But as the game didn't finish until 10.33 there lies the problem.
Thankfully I did have callers prior to the phone change over and all I can do is apologise to the people who called after 10.30 and didn't get through to the right studio.
As it turned out Colon my producer provided me with a list of about 15 callers but as Solent didn't send him this till 10.58 there wasn't a lot he could do either.
As for Mike Ward he felt that having being slagged off and misquoted on NSC he needed the chance to come on and put the record straight which is why he came on.
The phone-in with the usual phone system will be back at 5.00 on Saturday, I called a number of the 'solent callers' to apologise after 11.00, a couple of them will be back on Saturday as they have points to make about the LDV game and other club related issues other than last nights game.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
In a perfect world the phone-in should be devoted to a discussion of the game that has just been played rather than a post-mortem on comments that have been made on NSC some days before. Harty, you're now talking about extending this whole LDV/Play Off debate into the post-Hartlepool phone-in. Surely the majority of listeners don't know much about what goes on on NSC and surely don't much care either. Wouldn't it be better to keep the internet debate on the internet?

Lush

Mods' Pet
Harty said:

As for Mike Ward he felt that having being slagged off and misquoted on NSC he needed the chance to come on and put the record straight which is why he came on.

When was he slagged off and misquoted? I must have missed it. And if you want to put the record straight surely you do that on NSC as well?

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
It's a waste of time as far as I'm concerned because I can't even hear it. Why ? Because our friends at SCR said lets split the sports program in to Surrey / NE Hampshire and Sussex.

I can spout volumes on Woking's, Aldershot's and Farnborough's phone-in if I want to. However I can't see the point as I have nothing to say about those teams.

These days, when the Albion are playing away I listen ( sometimes ) to Radio Berkshire & their phone-in on Reading, when we're at home I'm stuck on a train going north. With no mobile phone you won't be hearing many calls from me !

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lush said:
When was he slagged off and misquoted? I must have missed it. And if you want to put the record straight surely you do that on NSC as well?
You took the words right out of my mouth! well, off my keyboard anyway. C'mon Mike, tell us who was nasty to you and we'll duff 'em up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here