Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SCR Phone In, Excellent Point Made! + Black Hole!

Assuming we can get ticket sales of 14,000 a game at Falmer (as opposed to 6,000 a game at Withdean), this works out as a shortfall of about £4 million a year from ticket sales alone - for every year's delay.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lord Bracknell said:
Assuming we can get ticket sales of 14,000 a game at Falmer (as opposed to 6,000 a game at Withdean), this works out as a shortfall of about £4 million a year from ticket sales alone - for every year's delay.

Anyone got the number of the Samaritans :cry: :cry:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Lord Bracknell said:

And if we've only lost 9,500,000 over 7 years, that shows the club can easily survive on Falmer

Did you work that out on the same ticket prices as Withdean? We can probably (try to) bump them a bit for a real stadium. And then theres corporate box rentals, etc.... and two-teired stadia have more adboard spaces....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
MYOB said:
And if we've only lost 9,500,000 over 7 years, that shows the club can easily survive on Falmer

Did you work that out on the same ticket prices as Withdean? We can probably (try to) bump them a bit for a real stadium. And then theres corporate box rentals, etc.... and two-teired stadia have more adboard spaces....

There is no 2nd tier planned yet for Falmer, I expect to be flamed here but the club must seriously look at the ticket prices as bums on seat (24,000) is better than 14,000 with constructive pricing.

Oct 5, 2003
Beachy dont you measn there's no TEARS planned for Falmer but if Silent gets a new pipe for Christmas and keeps puffing the weed his pipe dream will bring tears to the fans of this club

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
FG aka FOOTBALL GENIUS said:
Beachy dont you measn there's no TEARS planned for Falmer but if Silent gets a new pipe for Christmas and keeps puffing the weed his pipe dream will bring tears to the fans of this club

No I don't I am afraid.

You and your cronies campaign to derail Falmer will fail big time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's like Eminem, guess who's back - FFS :angry: :angry: :angry:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
will you be joining me down by the dug outs on Friday night when we can lead the whole of the South Stand in a chorus of Silent Knight and then I will approach Magoo with the miseltoe :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

No I think not.

Might be a solo performance

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ernest said:
will you be joining me down by the dug outs on Friday night when we can lead the whole of the South Stand in a chorus of Silent Knight and then I will approach Magoo with the miseltoe :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

And with that mental image in my head I am going to bed :ohmy: :lolol: :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
It won't as Mullers will be with me dressed in his Santa's outfit :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

OMG when two dogs go to war :shootself

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
FG aka FOOTBALL GENIUS said:
best most startling and yet undesputeable honest true and accurate comment from a Brighton fan for ages on the SCR Hartys phone in....

if we are in financial trouble now - with £300,000 or thereabouts expected from Spurs game and £250,000 from curry sale thats over half a million!!!!

what the **** does that say about the state of the clubs finances a week ago??

no wonder others are posting 'doomed' and the like!

To his credit Harty was quick to pick this up and imho shouldve made more from it as clearly no-one outside the lapdog and his accomplish with shinny boots knows the true extent of the dire financial books at the club. Yes after so many fans have given very very generously to the club they do deserve to know where the money is going and how much pounds , schillings and pence the club are in the debt and what it take to get out the black hole!

"His accomplish in shinny boots", CLASSIC.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Beach Hut said:
There is no 2nd tier planned yet for Falmer, I expect to be flamed here but the club must seriously look at the ticket prices as bums on seat (24,000) is better than 14,000 with constructive pricing.

Have to agree 20000 people paying £15 each is better then 10000 paying £25 each. Plus add to that you will also have a better atmosphere with more people, makes having low ticket prices a must imho.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
The £9m debt is not a surprise, its in the 2003 accounts.

It's made up (roughly) of £2.5m for Falmer, £1.5m for Withdean devlopment, £1.5m losses in 2 seasons at Priestfield, £2.5m losses in 5 seasons at Withdean.

The falmer money will be repaid by the (separate) stadium company when Falmer is approved.

The rest is made up of loans and payments from directors.

We have an potential imminent call for the tax on the Goldstone sale and might need cash NOW.

Spurs and Currie money is good, but not all received yet. I would be amazed if we get the sort of money being talked about on here for Spurs.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
m20gull said:
The £9m debt is not a surprise, its in the 2003 accounts.

It's made up (roughly) of £2.5m for Falmer, £1.5m for Withdean devlopment, £1.5m losses in 2 seasons at Priestfield, £2.5m losses in 5 seasons at Withdean.

The falmer money will be repaid by the (separate) stadium company when Falmer is approved.

The rest is made up of loans and payments from directors.

We have an potential imminent call for the tax on the Goldstone sale and might need cash NOW.

Spurs and Currie money is good, but not all received yet. I would be amazed if we get the sort of money being talked about on here for Spurs.

Exactly. We were told all this when they sent out the letters for the alive and kicking fund so we know exactly how big this supposed "black hole" is. What more can they tell us other than the actual figures. They've given us the information, asked us to donate and left it at that. If they cannot meet the target through donations then the board have to finance the club by other means and that includes selling players. I don't see what the big mystery is :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
m20gull said:
I would be amazed if we get the sort of money being talked about on here for Spurs.
If theres 30,000 at Spurs paying on average £25 a ticket, thats gate receipts of £750k. We get 45% of that, which works out at just under £350k.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is more than 30,000 there either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here