Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scr Cack Badger

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Agreed. It should have been an exciting morning, with SCR providing the best analysis of a huge day for us. Instead, I couldn't wait to turn it off. Absolutely APALLING radio. I have no experience in radio whatsoever, but I'd be surprised if I could do worse than that:thud:

I've always thought that about Sad **** Radio. If you want real comedy value try listening at 6 o clock on a Saturday to the non league round up.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I've always thought that about Sad **** Radio. If you want real comedy value try listening at 6 o clock on a Saturday to the non league round up.

Agreed, That is the most cringe making awfulness..where do they get the people who do the summaries for games like Burgess Hill vs. Lower Dicker or Poynings vs. Lancing B?

:nono::nono::nono:

Sep 20, 2005
Anyone notice the way he pronounced Falmer? He kept calling it Fall-mer.
His name is Gordon Astley and his "show" is cringey in the extreme.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I think he was so shocked at not having to talk about old Mabel's hollyhocks or the achievements of some amateur marrow-growing group that he didn't know what to do. I thought Neil Pringle was bad enough. This guy was a true cack badger.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I only wish it was my phrase NMH, the idea of a Badger that burrows in cack!

And I am sure that aspects of my work have been, or will be, described as Cack at some point.

I also like your suggestions of "Cack Ferret" and "Cack Stoat" almost as much as "Cack Badger", I am secretly aiming at taking the Market with my own dark invention..."CACK RABBIT"

What about "Cack Cuttress"?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I agree that this morning's coverage on BBC SCR was cringemaking. However I think tonight's drivetime with Richard Lindfield has been excellent. He is a superb journalist and also knows his Albion history.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
If you had of popped in the BBC shop in Queens Road you could of made your feelings known to the man himself, albeit in a gesticulative manner. They broadcast from a little soundproof, glass surrounded booth there. :salute:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

OI OI

Levo is extremely knowledgable about all things local football and has been an Albion fan since Noah and the flood!!!

he is a really nice bloke and does it because he loves football and the Albion.

If you didnt have people like him, harty and richard doing the local stuff, then you would end up with that dipstick who did the show after nine......

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
OI OI

Levo is extremely knowledgable about all things local football and has been an Albion fan since Noah and the flood!!!

he is a really nice bloke and does it because he loves football and the Albion.

If you didnt have people like him, harty and richard doing the local stuff, then you would end up with that dipstick who did the show after nine......

Not so much him to be fair. Theres a bloke on there that reports from various grounds who tries to make his reports 'hilarious'. Sounds a bit like Jack the Lad of Southern FM.

And when someone rings up a reads out the scores from different local leagues they just reel names and scores off without actually stopping between games so you've got no idea who was playing who!

It is great to have somewhere that takes an interest in local football and to get county league results quite early, but the poor bloke really is battling against the odds with the people he has helping out.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Levo does a superb job given that all the people ringing match reports in are doing it for nothing more than the chance to stand around non-League grounds watching non-League football! These aren't experienced radio broadcasters so the quality is going to be mixed. However, I think I actually prefer the "reeled off" reports to the more "creative" versions that include pretty much every football cliche ever invented and which the keen non-League reporter reads, unconvincingly, from the script he's been preparing throughout the game.

As for this Gordon Astley chap, I believe Mary (the Falmer campaigner at Donatellos yesterday) has had a run in with him. From what I heard, it's not an experience he'd be in any hurry to repeat!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
As for this Gordon Astley chap, I believe Mary (the Falmer campaigner at Donatellos yesterday) has had a run in with him. From what I heard, it's not an experience he'd be in any hurry to repeat!

His show is not an experience that I want to repeat.

"If your feeling Ghastly, tune in to Gordon Astley" my GOD what a spanner!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here