Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scouting for Hoots - Sebastien Haller

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
"Sebastien Haller has already made a huge impression at Ajax with five goals and five assists since completing his January move from West Ham United".

Worth a punt?!

Tbh I think he is a very good player who had some bad luck and wasnt used in the best way in West Ham. Would have been perfect up front for Brighton.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Tbh I think he is a very good player who had some bad luck and wasnt used in the best way in West Ham. Would have been perfect up front for Brighton.

Yes, this. I watched a fair bit of him for Frankfurt up front with Luka Jovic and And Ante Rebic and he was excellent then. They were a brilliant attack actually.

When he signed for West Ham I thought they'd done really well to get him ahead of larger clubs and predicted he'd be a big success but obviously it just didn't work out. In fairness, West Ham in recent years have not been an easy team to join, it's hardly been a settled and happy environment.

Just because it doesn't work out for someone at a certain club, doesn't mean they're not a good player but there is a real arrogance amongst English fans though that if a player isn't successful in the Premier League, that means he's a bad player.

He'd be a brilliant signing for us.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Yes, this. I watched a fair bit of him for Frankfurt up front with Luka Jovic and And Ante Rebic and he was excellent then. They were a brilliant attack actually.

When he signed for West Ham I thought they'd done really well to get him ahead of larger clubs and predicted he'd be a big success but obviously it just didn't work out. In fairness, West Ham in recent years have not been an easy team to join, it's hardly been a settled and happy environment.

Just because it doesn't work out for someone at a certain club, doesn't mean they're not a good player but there is a real arrogance amongst English fans though that if a player isn't successful in the Premier League, that means he's a bad player.

I agree actually. West Ham does tend to be the club strikers go to die

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

This.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Had an incredible season up until Feb and now hasn't scored in 2 months and no one interested.

Worth a look ?

30m / 100k a week

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Had an incredible season up until Feb and now hasn't scored in 2 months and no one interested.

Worth a look ?

30m / 100k a week

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Not sure this guy who scored 11 goals in the Champions League wants to take wage cut to join a mid-tier PL team. Surely wouldnt mind him in a Brighton shirt but I think he is far more likely to end up with some Italian top team or something.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Stop right there .........

Would TB pay that for Haller or similar striker?

Fair chance he would, I think. But would Haller say no to 300-400k from Inter/Milan/Juve or even move from his 200-250k/month contract in Ajax to play for Brighton? I doubt it.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Would TB pay that for Haller or similar striker?

Fair chance he would, I think. But would Haller say no to 300-400k from Inter/Milan/Juve or even move from his 200-250k/month contract in Ajax to play for Brighton? I doubt it.
No way Italian teams are paying that ?!

And yes of course he would move from Ajax to Brighton. Ajax are on a downward trajectory and plenty of their players go to smaller teams than Brighton. But yes I would imagine a villa or Newcastle or slightly bigger club might be interested.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No way Italian teams are paying that ?!

And yes of course he would move from Ajax to Brighton. Ajax are in freefall and plenty of their players go to smaller teams than Brighton. But yes I would imagine a villa or Newcastle or slightly bigger club might be interested.

Usually they aren't but Inter will have a dirty bag of money to spend this summer.

Why is that "of course"? How often does Ajax sell star players to smaller PL clubs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here