Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

scouse23's "Inside the Amex" shots

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
The east stand looks half finished. They should have just wanged another tier on there.

Great pics though

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
attachment.php

amex-shop.jpg

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
really does. real weak spot.

Absolutely, and the condition of some of the leaves on three of the trees down by the rugby pitch is just dreadful. I have never been so disappointed about anything in my life. My god, we didn't have this sort of problem at the Priestfield. And as for the green paint on the girders beneath the railway bridge. You're not going to believe this, it looks like Pantone 554!!! I'm going to moan and moan until I'm thick. Oh, hold on...

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Absolutely, and the condition of some of the leaves on three of the trees down by the rugby pitch is just dreadful. I have never been so disappointed about anything in my life. My god, we didn't have this sort of problem at the Priestfield. And as for the green paint on the girders beneath the railway bridge. You're not going to believe this, it looks like Pantone 554!!! I'm going to moan and moan until I'm thick. Oh, hold on...

hmmm, i'm not sure there was really the need for this response. having an imperfection does not mean i'm not ecstatic about the whole thing. indeed, the fact that everything else looks so wonderful only adds to the inconsistency of the unfinished east stand. saying it's a weak spot does not even constitute a complaint. it's merely an opinion, and one you'd find it had to disagree with.

nice use of pantone, though. :thumbsup:

really does. real weak spot.

To comment on this point - it is actually a strong spot if you consider that we have the stadium built to a capacity that was applied for, but with an area that's available for further expansion. We might (probably will) see a time where the stadium as too small in relation to ticket demand, and the regret might be that it's half the size needed.

If 30,000 aprox capacity is a close-enough size overall, for the number of fans wanting to come in, then at least The Albion can stretch to accommodate.

Last edited:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Brilliant

The seafront railing etching with seagulls above is particularly aesthetically pleasing on the eye.

I thnk I saw my blue seat as well, or it may have been white?

Can't wait to visit and have an emotional weep.

TNBA

TTF

scouse23

Jan 30, 2008
thanks for putting the photos on here bozza, i was lucky to be invited on the tour my contact knows derek chapman who is one of the directors of the club

scouse23

Jan 30, 2008
Just remembered a bit more info from the other night, toal build cost £102 million with £7m extras, club shop will be bigger than Chelseas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here