Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scottish title race over?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
must admit,i'm more interested in the scottish league than the spanish

used to follow the italian league when gazza went over there and they had a game on channel 4 every sunday

much prefer our lower leagues and the scottish,probably because i can relate to regional and local rivalries

big european clubs are now gauged by how far they get in the champions league,not by how well they do domestically

that's comes out of clubs being able to finish 3rd or 4th ,but still do well in europe

shouldn't be called "champions" league really

what was wrong with the European Cup?

and you had to win your domestic league just to get into it

Sep 1, 2011
must admit,i'm more interested in the scottish league than the spanish

used to follow the italian league when gazza went over there and they had a game on channel 4 every sunday

much prefer our lower leagues and the scottish,probably because i can relate to regional and local rivalries

big european clubs are now gauged by how far they get in the champions league,not by how well they do domestically

that's comes out of clubs being able to finish 3rd or 4th ,but still do well in europe

shouldn't be called "champions" league really

what was wrong with the European Cup?

and you had to win your domestic league just to get into it

Used to love italian football on a sunday, and the news thing on saturdays

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street
Although the media are strangely avoiding it,Rangers have a good chance of going bankrupt very soon,as a fifty million HMCR case must go against them. If in doubt,Google Rangers and EBT and check the facts.

So,things up north aren't as predictable as some would have it.

115 Championships of which 96 have been won by either Rangers or Celtic. The other 19 are shared by 9 clubs - Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs (all 4), Dumbarton (2), Dundee, Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock, motherwell and Third Lanark with a single win.
I'm surprised Queens Park didn't win it in the early years. How come they ended up owning such a huge stadium?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
The most entertaining feature of Scottish football is surely the comedy gates. Entirely from memory, the second-highest 'crowd' anywhere in Scotland on Saturday was below 7000, with first division attendances around 2000, and everything below that measured in the few hundreds.

I suppose the mainstream broadcasters have to pretend to take this stuff seriously. But if the Scots themselves can't even be bothered to turn up, what's the point?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The most entertaining feature of Scottish football is surely the comedy gates. Entirely from memory, the second-highest 'crowd' anywhere in Scotland on Saturday was below 7000, with first division attendances around 2000, and everything below that measured in the few hundreds.

I suppose the mainstream broadcasters have to pretend to take this stuff seriously. But if the Scots themselves can't even be bothered to turn up, what's the point?
Not true. Firstly to be fair, Hearts/Celtic was on Sunday, and Hibs and Aberdeen both got 8,500 for their games (poor by their standards).

I believe Scotland has the population of Yorkshire, roughly.

If only it had the attendance dispertion of clubs in Yorkshire it would probably be a thriving league. Imagine a league containing Leeds, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Donny, Barnsley, Hull, Rotherham, Huddersfield and Bradford - that could be quite interesting.

Then as an aside, the lower leagues in Scotland should have a similar level of attention that the likes of Farseley Celtic and AFC Halifax receive. i.e. f*** all. The fact that we hear anything at all about Scotland below the SPL annoys me.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I don't understand why we have to get subjected to Scottish football scores every Saturday. Surely they can just have their own broadcast in Scotland to give them their tinpot scores (maybe they do already?) rather than everyone in England having to put with going live to [insert excited Scottish commentator] "and Rangers now have a 5-0 lead, this a great performance against Cally Thistle, surely there is no way back now".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here