Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scottish strikers

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Many years ago English clubs would often nip across the border into Scotland to pick up a striker,has the source dried up or is there game to weak,therefore not worth looking? With M/M playing for Aberdeen he must have made some good contacts

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
We were linked with Kilmarnock's Kris Boyd by one of the nationals before the season started. Shame we couldn't afford him as he has now moved to Rangers and is very prolific.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Yeah - there's a big lad at Celtic who doesn't seem to get many games up there - he's a defender, but has been known to knock in the odd goal or two.:cool:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I think the 'source' is still there Riordan and O Connor at Hibs both look a little lively.

Though Riordan seems more preoccupied with jibing his 'refugee' opposition! Tsk tsk.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
HampshireSeagulls said:
Yeah - there's a big lad at Celtic who doesn't seem to get many games up there - he's a defender, but has been known to knock in the odd goal or two.:cool:

Wonder if he'd mind living in Brighton though, its a long way from his Scottish homeland :jester:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Problem with Scotland is if you look at the bigger clubs most of their decent players are foreign, although there are a few notable exceptions. The player north of the border who I have always rated is Steven Pressley at Hearts, I am amazed that he hasn't been tempted to play in England as I reckon he is easily up to playing in the Premiership.

Zed Seagull

Gully said:
Problem with Scotland is if you look at the bigger clubs most of their decent players are foreign, although there are a few notable exceptions. The player north of the border who I have always rated is Steven Pressley at Hearts, I am amazed that he hasn't been tempted to play in England as I reckon he is easily up to playing in the Premiership.

He did for Coventry a few years back.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Zed Seagull said:
He did for Coventry a few years back.

i remember seeing him play for coventry in prem. didnt look a bad player but very dirty. another player at hearts that i rate is paul hartley. well out of our range though. and we have wide players.

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
graz126 said:
i remember seeing him play for coventry in prem. didnt look a bad player but very dirty. another player at hearts that i rate is paul hartley. well out of our range though. and we have wide players.

Remember seeing Paul Hartley play for Millwall several years ago. He looked half decent then, and apparently is better now, but wages would probably be an issue, amongst other things

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The last two from Scotland haven't proved to be very good David Cameron and XXX sorry his name has gone , shit we had him from Fulham I believe went to Hibs tall useless forward, ginger hair, please give me his name

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Trigger said:
Kenny Deuchar

lets give him a go as he could always double as club physio as well having his doctor quals .. we could end up saving money !

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
HampshireSeagulls said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here