Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scottish Independence,a question

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Should the Scots vote for it in the upcoming referendum. Would granting Scotland freedom after 700 years of serfdom and exploitation finally put and end to....

The Whiny fuckers of Celtic and Rangers demanding places in the English premier League.

And if so,would you vote SNP

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Should the Scots vote for it in the upcoming referendum. Would granting Scotland freedom after 700 years of serfdom and exploitation finally put and end to....

The Whiny fuckers of Celtic and Rangers demanding places in the English premier League.

And if so,would you vote SNP

I know it's a topical discussion. But honestly who in the the south of england give a flying f**k. The only thing that makes a decent profit in Scotland is Whiskey and NS Oil. And we all know the political class only care about who has the biggest pockets.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
THEY shouldn't have a vote on it - WE should!

:lolol:

Sounds fair to me. It should be decided by NSC poll. NSCers who declare themselves to be Scottish or who live north of the border are ineligible to vote.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
As I've said before, the sole reason for Scotland becoming independent is to remove any trace of Monkey Tennis scores from English TV screens.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
a couple of questions on this scotch vote

a) why can't the English have a vote on indepenace as well - it is a divorce after all

2) who keeps the kids ? or does it automatically give indepenace to NI and wales ?

iii) if it is a scotch only vote, is it :

one) ALL resident people in scotchland i.e. english, isrish welsh living in scotchland

or

two) ALL scotchites globablly - i.e Jimmy living in london and Morag living in sydney

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm with the government on this one....................... the sweaties should be allowed to f*** off and subsist within their own resources as soon as possible. Now that their prime minister in waiting has made it clear that he has no use for the (UK) rule of law we should immediately suspend any investment of our taxpayers' money north of the border so they can get used to what it will be like.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I know it's a topical discussion. But honestly who in the the south of england give a flying f**k. The only thing that makes a decent profit in Scotland is Whiskey and NS Oil. And we all know the political class only care about who has the biggest pockets.

... and the oil has nearly run out.

The standard of football in Scotland now is so bad that Celtic & Rangers would struggle to stay in the Championship, there's no way they be allowed into the EPL.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

The standard of football in Scotland now is so bad that Celtic & Rangers would struggle to stay in the Championship, there's no way they be allowed into the EPL.

While I don't believe that they should be I think that Celtic and Rangers would be decent mid-table Premiership teams within a few years (depending on where they entered) of coming into the English football system. They get huge attendances and would easily be able to attract good players/retain good Scottish players.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I found it odd that the Labour party pushed for Scottish independence, but the two men running the England, Blair and Brown are both Scottish, along with alot of their cabinet at the time, I think the whole thing is a load of ol bollocks and cant see the point myself

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I must admit that whenever I hear about Alex Salmond and his cabinet debating Scottish Independence this always springs to mind.
:lol:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
While I don't believe that they should be I think that Celtic and Rangers would be decent mid-table Premiership teams within a few years (depending on where they entered) of coming into the English football system. They get huge attendances and would easily be able to attract good players/retain good Scottish players.

But that wouldn't happen though, would it. Say they were allowed to enter straight into the prem - something I doubt would ever happen as all the other 20 prem teams would have to agree on, and they wouldn't as it would mean 2 being relegated or some fiddle on the league size for a couple of seasons, but say this happened .... they'd be relegated the first season they are at a much lower level than the prem, and if they were guranteed to stay in the prem for a few years, that would be a joke.

Can't see it happening personally.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Does this mean they will stop reading out the SPL scores and the other shitting leagues in scotland at the end of Soccer Saturday and Final Score?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Scottish fellow sits opposite me.

He said if it happened then he will most certainly change nationality. His words "we need the money and there is only so much haggis and whiskey we can sell"

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
The scots can do one, as long as they keep their chaps in our armies, 'Black watch' and all that. We couldn't fight any wars without the sweaties inclusion.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander

For a long time I have had a strong aversion to Scottish football. When I used to watch Football Focus and the Scottish bit came on I knew it was time to go out or whatever. Particularly in the past it was talked about as though it was a decent league, this would put me off. Not really one to moan but it irks me. Hey ho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here