Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scott McGleish's Goal Celebration

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
He is an absolute LEGEND now. If it was any other player doing it to any other club i would think them a GENIUS. It takes balls to do what he did. What a cult hero.

CamdenO

Feb 5, 2010
I think our keeper celebrated because of all the abuse he got after gifting you the first goal.

Fair enough really.

chinners

Aug 27, 2009
Brighton
why he didnt book their keeper as well

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don't hate McGleash, I like the banter with him. Am I a bad fan?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Oh, get over yourselves FFS.

He was abused all game, and naturally revelled in scoring against us.

He turned his shirt around and pointed to his name. So what? If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Spot on. We have some precious fans.

My memory of the 4-4 draw was that McGleish did his somersault and Lee Hodges did the gestures.

I don't like McGleish but don't abuse him as it motivates him.

As for Orient, that Buono bloke was a bit of a tusser but most of their fans are ok - personally prefer them to Brentford.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
McGleish turned his shirt round so his name and number were at the front and ran over to just in front of us and gave it large with the gestures!

And I would expect, and want, nothing less. This is what makes football what it is. You need panto villains like McGleish.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
McGleish was the supreme poacher yesterday, won nothing against Virgs and Elphick in the first half, but give him half a chance and he put it away.

We dished it out to him before the game and for the whole of the first half, and should be big enough to take it when he came across to celebrate, anything less is a big girls' blouse reaction.

Fair play to McGleish, he will ALWAYS be a wanker, but a pantomime one and he knows it too.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I wasn't around to appreciate the original McGleish incident when it happened but I still give him a fair bit of abuse purely because it's the 'in' thing to do. Maybe it's because I don't know exactly what happened that day that I don't really care that much about the celebration, no one can really say they expected anything else really - footballers are only human.

I love it when Forster winds up the Swindon fans EVERY time he scores there, and I don't think I'm the only one who has noticed him do it to other sets of supporters too. Gotta agree with those branding McGleish a 'pantomime villain'.

Shut Up Roper

Mar 11, 2009
When he had chants towards him when he got injured at withdean he actually took it quite well gave a bow and a smile to the fans. I think he's a twat, but he clearly saw it as banter as a pro footballer should. But his reation today was uncalled for, I wonder if orient fans are annoyed that he didn't acknowledge them first when he scored. Clearly he cares more about annoying us than pleasing them.

He pleased us by scoring and by going over to your fans first!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't stand the irritating little weasel, but equally I'd say he has every right to give it large if he scores after having 1800 Albion fans calling him a wanker for 90 minutes.

It's incredibly annoying to take, but at the end of the day all he's done is run over towards us giving it some. It's not like he jumped into the crowd and offered someone out. If we give it out, as we are entitled to do, he's entitled to give it some back within reason.

Incitement, my arse, some people need to grow up a bit.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Voice of reason. Get over it the rest of you!

Maybe instead of saving all you comments for our boards, you could have used the energy to actually sing during the game yesturday. It would have been nice to hear some songs from the home fans.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
McGleish turned his shirt round so his name and number were at the front and ran over to just in front of us and gave it large with the gestures!

OH NO, not the old turn the shirt around with gestures number? :lolol::facepalm:

From reading these pages he got abused all day and expect him to ignore it for 90 minutes.....please :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
To be honest, once it became apparent that the weasel was going to share his celebration with us, I felt slightly let down that all he could manage was to turn his shirt round.

I was expecting a little more frankly, in the end it all felt rather tame, hardly the massive "f*** you" he evidently had in mind.

Still hate him, by the way.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Having had to endure Scott MCGleish is a wanker for most of the game his goal celebration although not acceptable was understandable.

Totally agree......football fans should learn to live by the maxim 'dish it out learn to take it'........Whilst gutted about conceding a goal, I personally thought his goal celebration was amusing.....Who can honestly say in that position they would not take the opportunity to indulge in a 'up yours' moment???

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Oh, get over yourselves FFS.

He was abused all game, and naturally revelled in scoring against us.

He turned his shirt around and pointed to his name. So what? If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

absolutely this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I28zc1fvGHc

Can't really see him doing an awful lot wrong...

That's him scoring the fourth goal. The gesturing which started all the bother occured after their third. The somersault would appear to have just tipped a few Albion fans over the edge. Understandable (though not right) given the whole situation surrounding the club at the time.

'Pantomine villain' is the perfect description for McGleish and, annoyingly, he plays it bloody well. The warm-down antics at Colchester a few years ago were another good example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here