Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scott McGleish's Goal Celebration

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Can't deal with rational debate on this - he is a very nasty man and deserves any grief given to him in chants from the terraces

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Having seen McGleish been roundly jeered by the South Stand at Withdean when hobbling half the length of the pitch with his leg SERIOUSLY strapped up, I'd say he had every right to give a big :salute: to the Albion fans. What goes around, comes around. Besides he ALWAYS scores against us. Them's the rules.

Completely agree. What self-righteous bollocks this thread is full of.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
We did give him a lot of stick for something he didn't really do but after today he does deserve all the abuse to get but he might not understand why we hate him so he thought he'd have fun and repay the favour by scoring against us and doing that ****ish celebration .

what do you mean, something he didn't really do??

Yes, carl griffiths was involved too ,but McGleish was the main culprit.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If I was an Orient fan, i'd have loved it.

That's football.

He's the perfect pantomime villain, and he's bloody good at it.

Can't see what the fuss is about.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
If I was an Orient fan, i'd have loved it.

That's football.

He's the perfect pantomime villain, and he's bloody good at it.

Can't see what the fuss is about.

Agreed. So why are people having a go about the abuse he received? I called him a wanker today, if I met him in the street tomorrow I'd call him a wanker. Thats football, IT IS pantomine. We get worked up, he gets worked up, that's what seperates footie from most other sports, it's the passion we all feel. I think McGleish is an utter wanker, but I'd have him playing for the Albion anyday, his passion and determination to score sets him apart from many pros. I wish we had 11 of him.

CamdenO

Feb 5, 2010
Scotty's view on Brighton from his interview in Orientear.

This is paraphrased, cos there's some irrelevant bits in between. These are his own words from the fantastic interview done with him by the Orientear fanzine.

"I remember it well! It was one of their last few games at the Goldstone with 10,000 fans there and it was packed. We came back from 2-0 down then Griff put us up 3-2.....during the celebration he did a 'gun salute' and a 'you're going down' moment, which riles the crowd up..........they pull it back to 3-3 then I ran straight down the middle, walked onto a cross and *bang* it's 4-3 within 30 seconds of them equalising. I did my somersault celebration which I was doing every now and then, and, as I landed, Griff tripped me up. All of a sudden there's a goot coming at me. I'm in the centre circle and there's this fan trying to boot me! There was one going for the ref, and Ray Wilkins clocks him one..........there were fans all over the pitch and I was shocked - I hadn't done anything I didn't normally do!........In the end they got a point and stayed up.
Since then I've become their cult hate figure because of the gun salute, even though I've told them on numerous occasions it wasn't me! Carl says it was Lee Hodges, but I think it was Griff! The abuse doesn't bother me; when I got taken off injured on Boxing Day they were all singing "Let him die" so I gave them a little bow. I score againt them more often than not, no matter who I'm playing for."

Horses mouth :bla:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Get over it, I expect you all gave him abuse whenever he touched the ball today...

He's former Charlton anyway, what do you expect...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The bloke gets abuse every time and for every team he's played for over an incident from more than 10 years ago. Can't say I blame him for his celebration and in fact it was actually quite amusing.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I thought it was funny. Although pissed off that they'd scored obviously.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bunch of girls on here. Of course his goal celebration was ott just like the abuse he gets. Too many of our fans love dishing it out and then go all precious when they get a player taking the piss of out them. FFS I'd be disappointed if Wanker McGleish didn't celebrate wildly..

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
wasnt a suprise how he came over,legend and i wish he had signed for us 4/5 seasons ago

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Shouldnt have given him cause to celebrate.

You could see through the sheer panic in the ranks when the free kick was awarded that, we hadnt covered that scenario on the training ground.

Another mistake followed up by poor defending has cost us a game we should have comfortably won.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Every time we play at Brisbane Road I brace myself for the ritual abuse of McGleish. And it comes. And he has a blinder against us. Have any of the muppets who abuse him thought of just ignoring him; he's just a moderately good, but obviously dedicated, low level professional footballer. He might not be so determined to do so well against us if the abuse didn't happen.

And as for some of the reaction to his celebration - well, as others have written, if you can't take it, then don't dish it out, or stay at home.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Last year when he scored the equalising penalty he was very restrained.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was bound to happen and quite ironic what he did, not different to the recent times Forster has larged it to home fans when are playing away.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Personally, I think its inappropriate for any footballer to incite the crowd not just McGleish. He's a fairly ordinary player.

The keeper was just as bad when they scored, but because he doesn't carry the same 'baggage', has not received the same publicity.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Personally, I think its inappropriate for any footballer to incite the crowd not just McGleish. He's a fairly ordinary player.

The keeper was just as bad when they scored, but because he doesn't carry the same 'baggage', has not received the same publicity.

What did their keeper do? I was up the other end and I will admit I slightly lost it at McGleish and feel rather silly about it now. It was more to do with frustration at us not being out of sight anf the inevitability of him scoring against us again!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'd laugh in his face if he broke his leg and was stretchered off the pitch, stupid scrawny little c*nt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here