Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scott Flinders Again

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A couple of points:

1. In front of us today was a family, two adults and three kids, anyway, when scott made that tremendous save in the second half and we started signing his name, the woman turned around and said how Scott absolutely loves it down here and loves the fans. I asked how she knew this and she said that he was their Godson!!!!!

2. at the end of the game she said the Scott's mum was in the stand behind the goal and she would introduce us.......OH MY GAWD...she is stunning looking.

We have to sign this bloke just to have his family nearby.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
pictures :p

justin

Feb 2, 2007
Brighton
scott did say he was enjoyin his time down here and would love to stay sign him up!! top notch today!! :clap2: :clap2:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Titanic said:
What was Scott Flinders godmother doing at the rugby ??

what?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
A good Rotherham lad (they make them well in Rotherham :) )

Too good for Palace.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Yorkie said:
A good Rotherham lad (they make them well in Rotherham :) )

Too good for Palace.

As I was saying to Algie at last weeks game " I did'nt think the day would come when i'd find myself applauding a Palace player"

But as they say footballs a funny old game. :lolol:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Palace are rumoured to be after yet another keeper, still have Speroni and PyjamaBoy, so you never know, Flinders just may be available after all, whether we could afford him or not would be another matter.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bakesy said:
Palace are rumoured to be after yet another keeper, still have Speroni and PyjamaBoy, so you never know, Flinders just may be available after all.

They paid a million quid for him. Surely Peter Taylor will want a good price for him?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Yorkie said:
They paid a million quid for him. Surely Peter Taylor will want a good price for him?

I thought it was a fee rising to £1m? Does anybody know what the origional payment was?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
British Bulldog said:
I thought it was a fee rising to £1m? Does anybody know what the origional payment was?
Up to a million based on appearances, etc.
Mind you, Taylor has been known to squander money in the transfer market so you never know.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:clap2: has to be said he again was top notch today - and slowly but surely the lads confidence is growing

he'll make mistakes yeah , but the last few games (seems to be more away then home mind , although i still feel he got lucky at Crewe with those two saves from counter attacks) hes looked quality.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Done well yet again today, but can we afford to sign him?

Might mean getting rid of kuipers in the summer

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Kenhead said:
Done well yet again today, but can we afford to sign him?

Might mean getting rid of kuipers in the summer
Maybe that's the plan. Kuipers is quite a drain on the wage bill for an injury prone player.

Still like the FDM though, don't get me wrong.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bakesy said:
Up to a million based on appearances, etc.
Mind you, Taylor has been known to squander money in the transfer market so you never know.

I have said it many times that a top premiership side will sign him and then loan him out for a season to either a lower premiership side or even back to Palace to gain more experience and then in about 3 or 4 years time he will be in the line for an England place with Foster and Carson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here