Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Scotland vs Czech Republic, Poland vs Slovakia, Sweden vs Spain

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
That’s a cracking finish. Didn’t just hit and hope, actually curled it into the perfect spot from 40 yards out. Class.

There’s gonna be tears into the Tennants tonight…

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
His job. Someone is 99% more likely to hit a through pass that the keeper might be able to intercept than to attempt a shoot from that distance.

I guess so. I need to see the goal again. But if that’s normal keeper behaviour then we’d see more goals like that surely.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I guess so. I need to see the goal again. But if that’s normal keeper behaviour then we’d see more goals like that surely.

Sanchez is often a long long way off his line

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

Keepers are always that far out. Never understood it personally but they do all seem to do it.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ok it’s not just me!

Pat Nevin:
“David Marshall finds himself a long, long way out of goal. Its a brilliant finish by Patrik Schick, but if you are that far out as the 'keeper, you better be able to get back in. The question has to be asked why he's so far out of goal, because Scotland don't use their goalkeeper as an extra defender”

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Keepers are always that far out. Never understood it personally but they do all seem to do it.
It’s because if the ball gets intercepted quickly and gets played over the top the keeper will have a good chance of intercepting. If they stay in their area they’re left very vulnerable particularly against pacy forwards.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Scotland giving it a real go, 0-3 on the break?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Sanchez is often a long long way off his line

Well firstly that’s Sanchez [emoji123] he would have obviously saved that.

But also we’re always playing from the back. Sanchez is often playing short passes either to our CB’s or out wide.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
mc-spicegirls-1507048127.jpg

I wanna really, really, really wanna Schick a Schick ah!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ok it’s not just me!

Pat Nevin:
“David Marshall finds himself a long, long way out of goal. Its a brilliant finish by Patrik Schick, but if you are that far out as the 'keeper, you better be able to get back in. The question has to be asked why he's so far out of goal, because Scotland don't use their goalkeeper as an extra defender”

We called it “Doing an Ankergren”.

Arrogantly/nonchalantly doing his stretches 25 yards from his goal at Withdean.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I had this as a 0-0 in the Euros predictor so more ground lost in an already dreadful run. Expecting the sack shortly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here