Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

scotland indendence- good idea, or good riddance?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
If their economy was independent from the rest of the UK's they'd be amongst the top ten wealthiest nations per head in the whole world

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Bluejuice said:
If their economy was independent from the rest of the UK's they'd be amongst the top ten wealthiest nations per head in the whole world

Wow... just think of all the deep-fried mars bars you could buy with all that cash!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
great idea. Let 'em moan about something else.

I no longer regards myself as British. I'm English and fed up subsidising the moaning jocks.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
My views co-incide exactly with those of 'Tiocfaidh Ar La' which is a Celtic fanzine 'for the republican-minded celt'. They want to see a united, independant Ireland, and independant Scotland and an independant Wales. Totally agree, as that means England will be independant too. Up the SNP!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Bluejuice said:

Really -where do the figures for this come from, not the SNP by any chance?

Professor P

Oct 6, 2006
Bluejuice said:

Oh behave. They've got about a pint of oil left and a couple of klit factories.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Bluejuice said:

You sure? I always thought that us English gave our money to the Scots/Welsh/NI Irish to keep their economies going...forget the term, but its actual Govt revenue going under some kind of formula.

And since when was British Petroleum Scottish?.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm in full support of Scottish independance on one condition. Phone calls to England - particularly prime time ITV singing competitions - should be made to be 100 pounds a minute. We'd soon find out just how talented the McDonut twins really are then :lolol:

DIFFBROOK said:
You sure? I always thought that us English gave our money to the Scots/Welsh/NI Irish to keep their economies going...forget the term, but its actual Govt revenue going under some kind of formula.

And since when was British Petroleum Scottish?.

BARTON formula, Scotland receives a grant as a region greater per head of population than all of the other regions, even though its economy performs betther than most of them.

Zed Seagull said:
Tell me why you want Scotland to remain part of the UK?

And am no gan tae behave ma self!! :lolol:

Scotland is a grotty place where haggard people live, you can't tell the women from the men as they are all so crusty, and we like owning it so we can feel better about ourselves.

Much like Wales.

And Ireland!

In Lord Of Rings stylee, you are Gimli to our Aragorn

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
If the Scots want their independence, let them have it. There is no way their economy compares to Englands and many of their leading companies are based around the London Stock Exchance. As a country we subsidise Scotland for a great number of things and get relatively little in return. Being independednt from Scotland would not make a huge difference to England but it would be huge for Scotland and there is no way they could afford to do it.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Bluejuice said:

I'm afraid everyone knows you just made that up.

Zed Seagull

NMH said:
Scotland is a grotty place where haggard people live, you can't tell the women from the men as they are all so crusty, and we like owning it so we can feel better about ourselves.

Much like Wales.

And Ireland!

In Lord Of Rings stylee, you are Gimli to our Aragorn

Sorry, dont buy that. Your talkin oot yer arse.... again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here