Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scientology

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
Albion Dan said:
Funny, its widely thought in showbiz circles the reason the marriage failed is that Tom Cruise is GAY!

Didn't know Tom Cruise was a brighton supporter.:lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I dunno, I'd rather have a 'gay' Tom Cruise as a supporter thanthat fat slag Jo Brand, she's about as funny as a Palarse away win.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
They are - or at least were - banned in Germany in the mid-1990s. Unsure if the ban still holds.

The German government was accused by the Scientologists of being worse the the Nazi regime for religious intolerance. The government countered that they don't consider Scientology to be a religion or faith, merely a vast enterprise in fraud, deception and corruption.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
What I remember from working in East Grinstead is the Scientologists walking round in their nautical blazers. Very bizare.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I must admit they are f***ing irritating bastards with their happy-clappy demeanour.

There is one arrogant git who really pisses me off. He stands outside Marks & Spencer on Western Road just handing out flyers. The point is that he is wearing headphones, makes no eye contact - even as if to say 'thank you for taking one of my leaflets' - and is making no effort whatsoever to interact with you.

If anyone else comes across him, try talking to him. He just ignores you, turns away, listening to his 'you are a tiger, you are a worthwhile person...' tapes. I fear if he did try and have a conversation, he might crumble to dust, or disappear in a puff of smoke.

They're not religious messengers, they are merely glorified babbling ad-men marketing a different product in order to con gullible people into buying something they really don't need.

Anyway, as if I ever gave a f*** about what Tom Cruise or John Travlolta thought.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I beleive the Scientologists were described by an American High Court Judge as "Vile, wicked, evil and corrupt" - avoid at all costs

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
THey are weird and dangerous, I know about their castle in East Grinstead, as my dad used to work in the town. They got into a lot of trobule with Crawley Council, for setting up a illegal tent in Crawley Town Centre about over a year ago, to promote their 'so called religion' in the town.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
I had a similar experience with them trying to enroll me into the London International Church of Christ on the Northern Line tube upto the Barnet game in 1998. Two studenty types caught onto fact I was also a student and started to read the bible to me and then ask what I thought of it. I replied 'not much' and they got a bit offended.

In my three years at Uni in London, I was continaully approached by these groups wanting me to join them, especially around the UCL area.

I have since realised that telling them to "f**k off" works!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I was accosted by a bloke from a religious group in the centre of Gloucester a few months back, I told him that he could have a minute of my time to talk about his beliefs as long as he gave me a minute of his so I could do the same.

He looked somewhat confused to start off with, probably the brainwashing didn't include the fact that there are many different belief systems on offer, however he did agree and fair play kept his word so that I could give him sixty seconds of what I think about religion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here