Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

School holidays

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's been a real treat to drive around for the last 6 weeks without all the school traffic. Oh well. back to the gridlock between 8am and 9am.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They should ban cars within a 1 mile arc of schools and make the little darlings walk a little plus it would avoid the conjestion of junior living 1/4 mile from school and being dropped of. Actually the biggest hold ups I think are when they are being picked up and mums and dads park as near to the school gate as they can get even if it is on zig zags double lines or whatever.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
They should ban cars within a 1 mile arc of schools and make the little darlings walk a little plus it would avoid the conjestion of junior living 1/4 mile from school and being dropped of. Actually the biggest hold ups I think are when they are being picked up and mums and dads park as near to the school gate as they can get even if it is on zig zags double lines or whatever.

Can't disagree with that but I would hazard a guess that most of these little darlings' parents would claim that with all the evil there is around now they have to drop them at the school gates to protect them.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Lewes will be awful, with the schools being back and all the roadworks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When I had to drive a lot more than I do now I always considered that the most conjested months were October and November because nobody goes on holiday then having just had a summer holiday. After Christmas in Jan /Feb there was always people on their winter holiday skiing etc. Then March to complete the holday/tax year and then the holiday season started again with older people going away from April.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Mine go back in nine days. I am just about counting the hours until I can drop them off.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Mine go back in nine days. I am just about counting the hours until I can drop them off.

Simple solution, make 'em walk, if they leave this morning they should be there before the bell rings :lolol:

Can't disagree with that but I would hazard a guess that most of these little darlings' parents would claim that with all the evil there is around now they have to drop them at the school gates to protect them.

Most of the evil around these days are the little bar stewards themselves. I'm with BensGrandad-areas around schools should all be red routes, and enforced.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
prefer the traffic when kids go back , it is worse in the am but coming home is much easier on my route

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
That's another 10 minutes added on to my journey in the morning as the Chelsea Tractors get in the way of my bus to Clapham as they drop their little darlings off at the private school. On the plus side there are some quality looking Mums which make for pleasant viewing.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Trouble is, the bus ride to work will no longer be peacefull but will be screaming, smoking, kids with their tinney Mp3 whatevers playing out loud, thu drowing the relevent bits of pubesent sexual tales.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here