Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SCC Fans

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
In the 4 years we played in the top flight we averaged 19,153 for league games and in the same period Saints averaged 20,860. They finished above us in 3 out of those 4 campaigns as well.
Are they a much bigger club ?
Well they haven`t lost a whole generation of fans like we have and they`ve had their superduper stadium for a bit now so we`ll have to see over the next few years wont we ? We`ll not have any excuses in a year or two.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
How long do you need to spend in L1 for you to re-evaluate that deluded notion and realise that you are where you are on merit ?

Yes we are here on merit (or lack of). However, its hardly deluded to think we should be back up either this season or next (a la Forest & Leeds)

SFC

Nov 24, 2010
Although SCC were in the top division for 27 years virtually all of it was trying to avoid relegation alongside Coventry year in year out.

We finished 2nd only to liverpool. You dont do that as a fluke or with a team that is trying to avoid relegation. In fact up to about '95, most season were relatively comfortable

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To be fair to the Saints they spent some time in the Premiership and did very well and were blessed with the talent of one quality long standing player so it must be hard when you drop down the divisions.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
We finished 2nd only to liverpool. You dont do that as a fluke or with a team that is trying to avoid relegation. In fact up to about '95, most season were relatively comfortable

I used to have some time for your team when you were at the Dell. You always seemed to have at least 1 real class player (eg Channon, Keegan, Matt Le Tis); played exciting football; punched above your weight; & the old place was generally a friendly venue to go & watch football (my dad used to take us there sometimes as his family lived in Millbrook). Sadly, since your move to St Mary's, your club & supporters seem to mostly come across as arrogant-yet-bitter, no-class tossers, who seem to think that they have some kind of divine right to be successful. I just hope to God that Brighton & Hove Albion don't ever end up going the same as way as your scummy outfit.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I love it how they're now knownas the South Coast Club by many. What an utter embarrassment for them... Honestly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here