Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SCC Fans

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Shouldnt tar all fans with the same brush. We are a medium sized club who naturally think this stay in L1 will only last 2 or 3 years at most. Our national position is in the Champs with occasional flirts with the Prem.

Medium sized club that dropped like a stone when it could not pay it's way, medium sized club that can only afford to pay ridiculous transfer fees and wages due to being bankrolled (recipe for future administration). Stains fans are pissed because they thought they were going to walk thus league and be miles ahead by now, funny as f*** stains with egg on their faces resort to type "we're really a championship club" bollocks you are in league one because you deserve to be, no ifs buts or maybes!

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Shouldnt tar all fans with the same brush. We are a medium sized club who naturally think this stay in L1 will only last 2 or 3 years at most. Our national position is in the Champs with occasional flirts with the Prem.

Your national position? Your what now?

SFC

Nov 24, 2010

occasional flirts in the prem??
how about a founding member of the premier league, having played in the top flight of English football since 1978 getting relegated after 27 years, because people called rupert shouldn't own football clubs

occasional flirts in the prem??
how about a founding member of the premier league, having played in the top flight of English football since 1978 getting relegated after 27 years, because people called rupert shouldn't own football clubs
Only got promoted that year through cheating(with spurs),
Don't forget going into administration,forcing local businesses to go under while you reformed the very next day and spent millions on spotty cvnts like Hammond and the fat scouser.
I think poo pipes like you deserve owners called Rupert.
Now do one you inbred spacker.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Reality Check: We're top of the League.

Yup, that'll do.

SaintlySaint

Nov 24, 2010
Christ, I came on this board thinking there might be some quite sane fans amongst the morons, as on any forum, but it seems you're all as deluded as you think we are!
Sniffing at our attendance? 26k for a f*cking midweek L1 game!? A lot of Prem clubs don't get that for their weekend games! Your new ground won't even be able to hold that many people.

We've spent a fair bit of money, but that's because we came down to L1 from the Championship with our squad shot to pieces and had to sell some of our first teamers to shore things up. Before that we hadn't spent any money worth mentioning for about 3 or 4 seasons! Your club is spending £93m on a new stadium and you're having a go at us for spending money on some of the best players in L1?

Without Poyet (who will inevitably be snapped up by a bigger club soon) you will sink like a stone.
We played top-flight football for 27 years, our club has produced some of England's finest players like Shearer and Le Tissier, not to mention the rising stars of Bale and Walcott.

Hate to resort to this and conform to the stereotype, but we are a much bigger club than you are, to say anything less than that is stupidity, which I have come to expect from you lot now. After about all of 5 hours of membership on this forum.

See ya.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Christ, I came on this board thinking there might be some quite sane fans amongst the morons, as on any forum, but it seems you're all as deluded as you think we are!
Sniffing at our attendance? 26k for a f*cking midweek L1 game!? A lot of Prem clubs don't get that for their weekend games! Your new ground won't even be able to hold that many people.

We've spent a fair bit of money, but that's because we came down to L1 from the Championship with our squad shot to pieces and had to sell some of our first teamers to shore things up. Before that we hadn't spent any money worth mentioning for about 3 or 4 seasons! Your club is spending £93m on a new stadium and you're having a go at us for spending money on some of the best players in L1?

Without Poyet (who will inevitably be snapped up by a bigger club soon) you will sink like a stone.
We played top-flight football for 27 years, our club has produced some of England's finest players like Shearer and Le Tissier, not to mention the rising stars of Bale and Walcott.

Hate to resort to this and conform to the stereotype, but we are a much bigger club than you are, to say anything less than that is stupidity, which I have come to expect from you lot now. After about all of 5 hours of membership on this forum.

See ya.

Not sure anyone has argued that Brighton are a bigger club than Southampton?? If they have then they are somewhat foolish.

I'm not sure going on about being in the Top Flight for 27 years means too much at the moment. We're both fighting for promotion out of the 3rd division. Somewhere you have been for more than one year and could possibly be there for another year.

Of course we have spent a fortune on a stadium, (over £100m now, not £93m), but without that we wouldn't be existing as a club. We can't continue at Withdean as I am sure you can appreciate. This is the difference between survival or extinction, not just promotion or relegation. You have spent £millions on players to get you out this league which is understandable but I prefer the way Gus is going about it and adding a few free transfers here and there and then actually concentrating on coaching the players we have, from the youth team right up to established first team players in their mid/late 20's. Take Adam El Abd for example, has shown signs of being a good defender but had a reputation for being a bit of a liability at times, who now had we paid £750k for in the summer, I would have said he was worth every penny. Am delighted to see us progressing in this manner, rather than looking to buy success and pick out one or two big names with million pound price tags and all the expectation that comes with it.

Last edited:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

See ya.

One point is how your club was able to survive administration and still spend millions on players?

Oh yes, foreign buyer with no links to your club whatsoever. Slightly different from Tony Bloom, lifelong Brighton fan as is the rest of his family (goes back to our glory days getting into the top flight). The money for the stadium is an interest free loan, and we are not spinning millions trying to buy promotion, we are doing it the old fashioned way through hard work and training so maybe that is why so many fans (not just Brighton) see Stains as a direct replacement for Leeds as the most arrogant in league 1.

The reality is that yes, as sure as gus will move on one day your owners will tire of pumping more and more money into Stains for little or no success on the pitch. Following on from that it will be far easier for us to appoint a new manager than it will be fir you to find new owners/avoid administration again.

Jealousy is such an ugly emotion and Stains fans really do appear to have a bad case of the green eyed monster and an industrial sized chip on their collective shoulders, it's not our fault you can't catch us :wave:

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

See ya.

You appear to be still on here? Methinks it's time you took your tedious Charlie Big Spuds attitude; shoved it very firmly up your arse; & then waited patiently 'til the end of the season to see if you actually have anything really worth crowing about.

No offense.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Although SCC were in the top division for 27 years virtually all of it was trying to avoid relegation alongside Coventry year in year out.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
And may I point out that St. Mary's was made whilst you were in the Premiership for a Premiership side? So isn't it supposed to have more seats for a stadium belonging to a team in League One / Championship? I wouldn't be too quick to brag that you have a massive stadium, because you (the massive, massive, god-like club you are) are in League One, below shitty Withdean and Dean Court

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here