Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scaffolding in the North Stand!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I would assume so, but without wishing to rain on your parade, there has been scaffolding in the North Stand for a few days now.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yes which are arriving next week, apparantly, the south stand has had the brackets (if you can call them thet) put up as well

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Just noticed a load of scaffolding in the North Stand, could this be preparation for the fitting of one of the largest HD flat screens in Europe?

There is a rumour that the foundations are subsiding under the north stand ,and that the scaffolding is part of remedial works being carried out by Buckinghams to prevent the stand from collapsing.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
They should hook a playstation up to those badboys

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I would assume so, but without wishing to rain on your parade, there has been scaffolding in the North Stand for a few days now.

So the contract is behind after all,and as a result the club can buy Lua Lua from the hefty penalty to the Buckingham group for failing to deliver the Amex on time(damn builders)when do we get the keys:laugh:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The jumbotrons are not anything to do with Buckingham. These are part of the extras to upgrade the stadium to European Cup standards.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The jumbotrons are not anything to do with Buckingham. These are part of the extras to upgrade the stadium to European Cup standards.

If only-surly we must,i say must, have more seats.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If only-surly we must,i say must, have more seats.

We'll have to wait for the planning permission to be granted to fill in the corners and the additional tier on the East Stand :thumbsup:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We'll have to wait for the planning permission to be granted to fill in the corners and the additional tier on the East Stand :thumbsup:

Be good when that day comes-She looks great now-but she will look fantastic with the East two tiered,still for now i can wait.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
I spoke to the newsagent in West Chiltington about the latest murder in the village but all she would say was she had no comment to make to the intrusiv Argus reporter although the proposed video screen was to be the largest in the world becauise Martin Perry told her.
Funy how villagers talk.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Point 1

They are not 'Jumbotrons'. That is a Sony trade name, and they are not being sourced from Sony.

Point 2

They are not (not even remotely close to) 'the largest in Europe'. It's not that big a stadium - the size of displays selected is all down to required viewing distances (and budget, obviously).

Point 3

They are not even remotely close to being a pixel resolution, which meets any accepted definition of 'HD'.

Apart from that, great thread.

PS. Don't worry though - they will still be very nice, and more than suitable for purpose.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i wish they would hurrey up and finish the NS one as my seat has still not gone in and until that goes in i dont feel part of it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here