Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
Listening to Talk Premiership,sorry,Talk Sport yesterday
presenter Kelly Dalglish(Yes i would!) made a point
about the rugby games at Union HQ.
Apparently she went to one of the International games this season
(probably free ticket?) and commented on how flat
the atmosphere was.
A guy sitting next to her got up and shouted,"COME ON ENGLAND"!
To which a "old fart" sitting in a tweed jacket in the row in
front turned around and said,DO YOU MIND KEEPING THE
NOISE DOWN
I'M TRYING TO WATCH THE RUGBY?
No wonder the Scots and Welsh hate the English at rugby with snobbery like that.
As someone who has watched both forms of rugby and recently got into rugby league the fan culture is so much better than union.
It's more like football in the lower leagues.
Passion and because people love the game or their team.
Not because it's trendy or because every other boring middle class twat who's not watching Premership football is watching it.
RANT OVER:
HAMPSHIRE DAVE:censored:

Last edited:

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Twickenham is usually shit for atmosphere but was actually fairly noisy for the Scotland game. But I much prefer e.g. going to Murrayfield where the atmosphere is so much better and they also make more of an effort to put on a real show. Apart from our last visit we normally win too.

A couple of years ago I went to England vs Wales and we were losing. Myself and another guy were standing up and saying obscene things like "Come On England" and just got stared at and told to shut up by the half dead miserable shits who only make a noise to boo us after a bad performance. I don't understand why people go to live sport when they would be better served sat in their club or their front room.

Bit like people who turn up to Withdean and constantly have a go at our youngsters.....

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
http://www.hullfc.com/

Splash-Screen_st_helens07.jpg

Real rugby

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Try rugby in Scotland, the people who follow it are largely the most obnoxious people I have ever met, they really are stuck up snobby scum.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I went to Scotland v Australia at Hampden Park a few years back. Not sure if it was the out of Murrayfield effect, or the fact that Glasgow is miles friendlier than Edinburgh, but the atmosphere was pretty good, for a half empty stadium!

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
85,000 in full voice at Twickenham in the sunshine: fantastic on Sunday - beats Withdean anyway...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
See what the Italians think of it now - proud of their Rugby players and fed up with prima donna footballers, violence and scandals.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yeah, I heard an interview on the radio last Saturday with a couple of Italians before their game, that was the feeling that I got. They didn't know much about the game but just wanted a team that they could feel proud of, they just sounded fed up with football and all its problems. Even though I am not a rugby fan I would love to go to a game in Rome, the atmosphere sounds electric, which is something I haven't experienced at a football match for some time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Beach Hut said:
See what the Italians think of it now - proud of their Rugby players and fed up with prima donna footballers, violence and scandals.
In reality, Italians don't give a toss about rugby. After their win on Saturday, the match report made page 27 in the Corriella della sport. And the game was played in front of the usual 24,000.

Hardly big time...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Simster said:
In reality, Italians don't give a toss about rugby.

The problem with the Italians is that they don't have a proper grounding in the sport. You're only a proper rugby man, if you've downed pints of vomit and stuck a broom handle up the new boy's arse.

Simster said:
In reality, Italians don't give a toss about rugby. After their win on Saturday, the match report made page 27 in the Corriella della sport. And the game was played in front of the usual 24,000.

Hardly big time...

of which 20,000 seemed to be fat and welsh

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
hans kraay fan club said:
The problem with the Italians is that they don't have a proper grounding in the sport. You're only a proper rugby man, if you've downed pints of vomit and stuck a broom handle up the new boy's arse.

and worn each other's underpants on your head and had girlfriends that wear your rugby top (wrapped around their shoulders) and be the most obnoxious tossers in a student bar.

Oh, and had regular fights with the comprehensive school lads in the Uni football team who only ever played footie and cricket at school.

I'm not bitter.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I know a Bath fan and they have a brilliant time, home and away. Regular trips to the South-West of France in the European competitions, good food and wine - sounds great.

I've also been to a few Saracens matches at Vicarage Road and the atmosphere was excellent.

If you sit at the front you are literally a few feet away from the cheerleaders by the touchline, and when I went there used to be a pair of identical twins whose speciality was the double cartwheel. Every time Saracens scored a try these two would spin up and down the touchline - the 50-3 victory over West Hartlepool will ALWAYS stay with me (Twins, Basil, TWINS!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here