Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Say What You Like About Gus But...

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Would Gus have kept us in the division like Slade did, completely & utterly against the odds? We'll never know, but don't deride Russell. We all owe a debt of gratitude to him.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Would Gus have kept us in the division like Slade did, completely & utterly against the odds? We'll never know, but don't deride Russell. We all owe a debt of gratitude to him.

Agree, Gus and Tony have taken it to a new level but there are many people who have played roles in allowing this to happen. So pleased to see Gritt back last season what he and other did should never be forgot at moments like this. This is what makes our club special we have come a hell of a long way.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Yes it surprises me these negative comments about Slade...yes he couldn't have taken as any further ...but he helped stop us going backwards

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
5 minutes and about 8 seconds in to his Seagulls World interview he masks a comment about a striker. I think he knows who he wants and nearly let his guard down.

Exciting times ahead, see what you think.

TNBA

TTF

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Nobody will ever know if gus was tb's first choice but boy has it come off.Am I right in saying that Paul ince thought he was to big a name to become our manager.Who is he managing at the moment.

Whatever gus decides to do whether with us or another team nobody can take away how far he has taken us in such a short pace of time.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I f**king love gus. Dont play down his role in bringing such great players to our club, he's instrumental in convincing them, don't doubt it. Obviously the stadium/set up helps but it still takes a damn good salesman to sell a lower division club to such players. He's f***ing brilliant, he's f***ing brilliant, he's fuuuckin brilliant, he's fuuuckin brilliant.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
But on he other hand, there's only 57 days until the transfer window closes and we've only signed three players, despite losing six (Navarro, Poke, Gonzales, JFC, Hall, Vicente). Our lack of transfer activity is worrisome. All the other teams in our division have finalised their squads and are in intense pre-season training. We have a weaker squad (in number of players) than last season, and no sign of new people coming in. We might as well start planning now for our trips to stevenage the season after next...

JFC can be recalled, we have players in the development squad and i'd easily swap the three we have signed for the one's gone out! I am sure we will sign at least another three quality players...........panic not!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Our signings this season have come from Man Utd, Man City and Valencia.

Before I have a sex wee over Gus and his recruitment drive, can someone reassure me that Harry Redknapp isn't working for the club. If Poyet starts talking about it being a miracle we are in the top half next season, or describe Bridge as a triffic lad, I am going to be quite nervous.

:lol: I now have visions of 'arry ripping off his Gus mask going BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Let's not forget Derek Chapman who oversaw the whole on time/on budget building programme, which with TBs funding, for our wonderful stadium is now the bedrock for the future...I know that It was the stadium that on TKs visit with Watford last season, that swung it. He wouldn't have signed for Gus at Withdean

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Let's not forget Derek Chapman who oversaw the whole on time/on budget building programme, which with TBs funding, for our wonderful stadium is now the bedrock for the future...I know that It was the stadium that on TKs visit with Watford last season, that swung it. He wouldn't have signed for Gus at Withdean

I think you will find that sir Martin Perry had an enormous amount to do with amex on time and on budget. And as for gustavo, I just want to have his babies!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
There's probably no other club that could have provided Gus with the opportunity he has here to develop a team to his style of play while, at the same time, having such a big say in how the other aspects improve (pitch, training ground, etc).

And there's possibly no other chairman who would let him have such a free rein and big influence at their club.

It's a match made in heaven.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
There's probably no other club that could have provided Gus with the opportunity he has here to develop a team to his style of play while, at the same time, having such a big say in how the other aspects improve (pitch, training ground, etc).

And there's possibly no other chairman who would let him have such a free rein and big influence at their club.

As Gus said on Goals on Sunday, choose the Chairman, not the club.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

That is possibly as good a summary as we will see :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
JFC can be recalled, we have players in the development squad and i'd easily swap the three we have signed for the one's gone out! I am sure we will sign at least another three quality players...........panic not!

Gee, I hadn't thought of it like that...

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
But on he other hand, there's only 57 days until the transfer window closes and we've only signed three players, despite losing six (Navarro, Poke, Gonzales, JFC, Hall, Vicente). Our lack of transfer activity is worrisome. All the other teams in our division have finalised their squads and are in intense pre-season training. We have a weaker squad (in number of players) than last season, and no sign of new people coming in. We might as well start planning now for our trips to stevenage the season after next...

Vicente has another year, Navarro was deemed surplus to requirements and the other 4 made about 10 starts between them last season. The current squad would challenge the top 6 so a few more additions and we are done

D

Deleted member 2719

No, but how many managers would of bagged the signatures of Vicente,Saltor,Bridge,Kzuzvcgvc.., the Keeper to sign

Harry redknapp.... look at the state of the clubs after he left.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Nobody will ever know if gus was tb's first choice but boy has it come off.Am I right in saying that Paul ince thought he was to big a name to become our manager.Who is he managing at the moment.

Whatever gus decides to do whether with us or another team nobody can take away how far he has taken us in such a short pace of time.

Wasn't Ince. They only spoke to 2 people for the job, one was Gus, the other I am not sure of but as of last December was managing another club in England.

The other manager was a safer option with experience but did not seem overly enthusiastic, and Poyet was a risk but interviewed brilliantly. The rest is history!!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Gus is a Demi-God and, in my time ( since Melia ), the BEST manager we have had !

Reckon we have 2 ( or hopefully 3 ) more years of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here