Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Save the St James 1!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think the Geordies should give themselves a day off hating the owner who has made them financially stable again, got £35million for Andy Carroll and helped re-establish them as half decent Premier League outfit...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think the Geordies should give themselves a day off hating the owner who has made them financially stable again, got £35million for Andy Carroll and helped re-establish them as half decent Premier League outfit...

Er, no.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
_58552905_graffiti.jpg

Forgot the apostrophe :facepalm:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Could always go to exeter!!!!!
St%20James%20Park%202.jpg

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

For all the good work he has done, it does make you wonder why he did such a stupid thing in renaming the stadium.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
For all the good work he has done, it does make you wonder why he did such a stupid thing in renaming the stadium.

Because unlike lots of other owners in the Premier League he is actually trying to run a sustainable football club and not one that either needs the backing of a billionaire or huge bank loans.

Naming rights equals money

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
If the Newcastle fans feel so strongly about the name of the ground they could always have a whip round and buy the naming rights themselves. After all there's loads of them and they are 'the best fans in the world'

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think this bloke should have any fine paid for by football fans around the UK.

All he has done is try to reclaim the traditional name of Newcastle's ground from the money men. Sports Direct Arena I ask you!?

BBC News - St James graffiti at Newcastle United ground: man charged

Bollocks to him, idiot shouldn't have got caught. Many modern stadiums are sold for naming rights, why does he think that Newcastle United, should do it any differently?

He should have either been a bit more careful, or, as a supporter of a perennial underachieving side, be grateful of the efforts of the people running the club who are trying to fund them in such a way as they can challenge at the top end of the Worlds greatest football league.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Er, yes. Without Ashley Newcastle would be in dire trouble.

What a load of crap. Ashley has all the looks of a bloke sat in the stand thinking "where did it all go right?" The very idea that this is down to Ashley's careful football strategy is ridiculous. Newcastle are having a lucky run and punching way above their weight. The Magpies are just a plaything to Ashley and something he would have been rid of quite happily 24 months ago. He is not interested in the football supporters of the North East or what it means long-term to them. He is interested in short-term gain. If a merger with Sunderland was on the cards and it would make him money then I could see Ashley being the last person to turn it down.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Yep!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
_58552905_graffiti.jpg

Forgot the apostrophe :facepalm:

Yes, he loves the old name so much he couldn't punctuate it correctly! Or maybe he was in a rush.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Sports Direct Arena is no more dumb than Stadium of Light. (Other than the fact that, in the UK at least, arenas are typically indoors)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here