Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Save Stirling Albion

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just found out they no longer play at Annfield. That mucks up a quiz question.

They sold the old ground at a knock down price to the Council, who should bale them up, but I expect they have spent all the dosh.

MIFTHEBINO

Oct 31, 2006
Many thanks for signing up guys.

We are now at Forthbank which is council owned.

Aye- 20-0 is a special game. I have the 90 mins on dvd

MIFTHEBINO

Oct 31, 2006
With father's day coming round, whats more quirkier than giving a membership as a present to your father or father in law. I think most sports daft dad's would love to own a piece of a senior football club. If you want the membership sent out for Fathers day, please send us an e-mail (campaign@buystirlingalbion.org.uk) once you have bought their membership (please use their details so it goes out to them).

Buy Stirling Albion FC - Homepage

If you dont want to do it over the net, please send a cheque to

Stirling Albion supporters trust
PO Box 21602
STIRLING
FK7 1DD

with your details (or a letter saying if it's for fathers day for someone else) and make it out to "Stirling Albion Supporters Trust."

The campaign is ongoing, so please consider us for a membership, every membership is vital to us.

MIFTHEBINO

Oct 31, 2006
We are collecting old mobile phones for recycling for the campaign. Not only does it help the environment but our cause will benefit by at least £5.00 when you donate your old mobile. It is easy and it costs you nothing to do.

Send as many old mobiles (removing sim card first) as you can find to:

FREEPOST
RRRA-CZXK-UKEK
Stirling Albion
Vulcan Road North
Norwich
NR6 6AQ.

Most people have old phones tucked away in their homes so please send as many away as possible as this could earn the campaign a lot of money. It doesn't matter if they are broke as we will still get money for them.

There is now a full campaign update for June here-

RedWeb - StirlingAlbionFC.com ... 0&Itemid=1

MIFTHEBINO

Oct 31, 2006
Both Andy and Jamie Murray have signed up for their £40 memberships to save their local club, Stirling Albion. This is fantastic news for us and it means we now have Ronaldo, Andy & Jamie Murray, Steven Caldwell (Burnley), Gary Caldwell, Carlos Alberto, Stephen Hendry (snooker champ), Nick Nairn (chef), Justin and Colin (Designers) and Frank Skinner have all signed up as well as a few local celebs. We are hoping this might spur more people onto signing up due to Murray Mania at Wimbledon.

To read about Andy and Jamie signing up, see the link below-

Andy Murray signs up to help save stricken Stirling Albion.. the team his grandad played for - The Daily Record

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

This is a great website and brilliant to see you are getting big names involved. Will the collapse of the Setanta deal up in Scotland effect you in any way or will it just prevent premier league clubs spending more on expensive players.

I'm a big follower of the Spiders, but good luck to you in your campaign to build a club at the heart of your community.

MIFTHEBINO

Oct 31, 2006
Cheers mate.

I think it will have a long term effect on us as the SPL clubs wont snap up any talented players from our division for the usual £50-100k (pennies to them, but a lot of money to us smaller teams).

MIFTHEBINO

Oct 31, 2006
Sadly, I am not allowed to give away numbers at this point, but we are doing well so far.:falmer:

This Wasp has just signed up.

Can't have you going out of business. Who else would be so kind as to roll over and let their local rivals put 7 past them? :goal:

And would it be rude to remind you of the day on which I took my brother to his first derby match at Forthbank, back in February 2005, the day on which Jose's short, ageing legs made a mockery of your so-called defence as we scored 4?

Happy days, happy days.

See you next season.

Last edited:

Aye- 20-0 is a special game. I have the 90 mins on dvd

Have you thought about copying and selling DVDs of this game? I'm sure many people would be intrigued to watch such a massacre. You would, of course, need to acquire the rights for this coverage (which, being so old, I would have thought could be donated by whoever holds them, considering the club's plight).

MIFTHEBINO

Oct 31, 2006
Alright people,

Our chairman knocked back our offer to buy the club in July. Since then, the campaign has still been ongoing, whilst the club has been hit with a rent bill of £67k. If they dont pay this by the end of November, then we will get kicked out of our ground.

In the light of this news, we are doubling our efforts to try and sell memberships and t-shirts. The more money we have, the more chance we will have of saving our club, especially if it goes into administration.

With only 10 weeks left to Christmas, we are trying to get football fans of all teams to buy friends and family a membership for their Christamas.

For this, they will technically own a piece of Stirling Albion when we buy over the club. They will also have all the benefits of having this. This will eventually happen as the chairman is getting more and more desperate.

Certainly if your looking for something different to buy a football daft friend/family member, then why not buy them a Scottish club!!

Please help us save my club by buying a membership or t-shirt.

Full details are on here to buy a membership or a t-shirt-

For those who have signed up, you should receive an e-mail or letter in the next week.

For full news on what we have done, you can check out the trust website at-

Welcome to the Stirling Albion Supporters' Trust Site

If we are not able to buy the club, then all members will receive £35 back- like I say, we will do it.

The collection for old mobiles is still on the go as well. Please help by sending any unwanted phones (Please remove the sim) to-

FREEPOST
RRRA-CZXK-UKEK
Stirling Albion
Vulcan Road North
Norwich
NR6 6AQ

Thanks in advance- it's great, greatly appreciated.

PS. If you have any questions, please e-mail me on jsmith@buystirlingalbion.org.uk

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
My buystirlingalbion.org tee-shirt arrived in the post today

Good Luck. Up the Albion

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Pre-season I put £30 on THE Albion at Ladbrokes to go up. I don't think I'll be seeing that again :blush:
You've got my support & £40. Best of luck :thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Have you thought about copying and selling DVDs of this game? I'm sure many people would be intrigued to watch such a massacre. You would, of course, need to acquire the rights for this coverage (which, being so old, I would have thought could be donated by whoever holds them, considering the club's plight).

Astoundingly good idea!

MIFTHEBINO

Oct 31, 2006
Woo Hoo, we did it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...on/8746637.stm

Many, Many, Thanks to everyone on here who helped by buying a membership/sending in phones,etc,etc. Members now own part of a club.

Our new community website will be getting updated on a more regular basis in the coming months so look out for updates on there-

The Stirling Albion Community - Home of the Supporters Trust

For anyone still wanting to be a member- you still can! Memberships are still £40 and can be purchased from the above website. £40 to say you own part of a senior football club- what a topic starter when you in the pub lol.

We are currently doing an online spot the ball competition where, for a quid, you could win up to £100k. In the same time, you will be helping to stabilise the club. If you thought, I would like to help, but £40 is too much", then here is your chance to help us for only a quid and in turn, have the chance of winning some serious cash.

Untitled Document

We effectly went from £1.6m of debt to about £300k of debt through buying the club and it's our goal to get this to £0 in the next 3 years to secure the future of the club. We will be bring SAFC to the communtiy and will be tapping into the uni here as well as the business community. After three years, kids will get in free so we can build a future support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here