Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Save Darlington FC - Sign the Online Petition

Nov 3, 2003
the way clubs can ride nto Admin like Lester Sh1ty and then get out is an insult to chairman that keep hold of the purse stringts. IM NOT SIGNING THE PETITION

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Anyone see the documentary on him a couple of weeks ago ?

At first he seemed like a good Chairman, but as usual, his ego got in the way. When he got criticised in the Press and Fanzines he started coming over heavy handed, visiting his critics homes at 2am and demanding apologies.

The man is clearly a meglomaniac, but you can't argue with his vision of trying to get the club in the Premiership, it's just that he's completely deluded, you need a decent team as well as a ground to keep a Club going !

DarloCockney

Mar 26, 2004
Just a quick post to thank all Brighton fans that have signed the petition.

For those that aren't aware, Reynolds borrowed £4 from Sterling (a bunch of loan sharks that prey on Clubs in trouble, charging 15% interest + get out payments).

£2m of this was against the Club with 3"m being personally guaranteed by GR.

Surprise, surprise, George has defaulted on the payments.

Sterling have said they will take over the Club, short term and take it out of administration. They have said that they are willing to sell the Club to a consortium of local businessmen, led by a lifelong fan.

Trouble is, as the largest creditor, Reynolds has blocked this and said that he would rather the Club closed.
He has over the last couple of years, succcessfully closed down fanzines, banned supporters from the ground, & 'visited' fans at 2, o clock in the morning !!
He is a thug and a bully.

The Supporter's Trust are also members of the consortium, so that if it all worked out, 1 of the 5 Directors of the New Club would be elected by the supporters Trust from it's members.

Hope this fills in some of the background

Thanks again for all your support - best of luck in your campaign.
I've signed your petition.

You can follow events on :
the-tinshed.co.uk
or our rivals board.

DarloCockney

Last edited by a moderator:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Signed - no. 533.

And what a lovely man Georgie-Porgy is! Not! The BBC did a documentary on him last year. Called "Playing by his own Rules", this fat bastard deserves to have more than a rule book thrown at him:

Here's an extract from the BBC Press Release:

The former safecracker turned millionaire has already spent more than £30 million on a new stadium to fulfil his dream and BBC cameras follow the colourful owner of Darlington football club in the final months of construction of the Quakers’ new home.

Mr Reynolds is revered as a hero in his home town of Sunderland, but he is feared by his critics, whom he confronts in unconventional ways - including calling at their homes.

He tells the BBC: "People are alright in groups until you knock on their front doors at 20 past two in the morning. They don’t like that. Nobody has a go at me. I find out where they live and I go and knock on their door."

He has publicly warned fans he will go to their homes if they criticise him or his family.

...And his motto for success: "I never listen to the fans or manager because they never get it right.

Sounds like he's taken out life membership of the Bellotti & Archer Appreciation Society.

Attachments

• reynolds.jpg
    reynolds.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 192

SeagullSimon

Jul 5, 2003
Kent Uni; Bexhill
done 777!

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Signed. Can someone put it on the Seagulls (Internet) Mailing List please as I can't do so from work. If not, I'll do it when I get home.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
His one-time business partner and Co accused runs a business directly opposite my offices .... they are an evil shower and would stop at nothing, including knee-capping or taking people out

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The FA have got to sort themselves out and stop letting crooks like Reynolds ruin clubs.

When will lessons be learned?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here