Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Savage: The Poll

Is Robbie Savage the worst Albion player for 10 years?

• Yes, slow, damaging to the team and a prat

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • No way, he just wasn't fit, and needed time on the pitch..

Votes: 76 85.4%

• Total voters

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
he showed touches of brilliance and then touches of why he's struggling to get into the Derby team.

Not the worst player we've signed...Some of the crap Magoo & Wendy gave us was worse

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Eh? He was good when he played.

He goes down in history for THAT goal against Reading. 2-1 to the Champions. :ascarf:

The loan period of Savage may have been a success. Whilst results did not come off on the pitch, he might have added a few to the gates and we were mentioned in the press. Our players seemed to enjoy his company and I am sure they learned something about him. Unquantifiable in terms of squad benefit and gate receipts.

I was a Savage hater, along with Jam (the poster, not the conserve), but my opinion changed with a frank interview (a while ago) and his desire to don the stripes (a lowly team playing at an athletics stadium).

Robbie Savage - he's alright :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Turienzo? Fair point
Floren Cheanau? ha ha I'd forgotten about him
Bagayogo? wwhhhhhhooooooo!, lol
Joe Gatting? harsh, but maybe fair
David Yedell?That save up at Leeds, whist in pink, means he shouldn't be on this list

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Well, actually, I haven't seen anybody suggest a player who has in terms of consecutive minutes on the pitch had such a negative effect on the team..

Savage slowed down the team and actually prevented them from playing to their ability (as seen in the past two games)..

Kitson was injured and hardly played, but when he did play had a quality touch, and was actually one of our most talented players.
Turienzo hardly played, but DID have a few decent attempts on goal.
Bagayogo hardly played, and wasn't getting in the team anyway
Joe Gatting exactly the same.
David Yelldell made two excellent saves while with us

I can't think of one shot, tackle or pass which made Savage's presence worthwhile, whereas, whilst with us he did numerous things which cost us possession - or even points. It was Savage at Leeds who took his eye off the ball and single handedly cost us a goal which helped cost us the game..

I struggle to think of any player who has been so poor in the shirt so consistently in a very long time.

The only player I can think of who comes close is Dirk Lehmann - but the team were winning every game at the start of the season while he was with us anyway, so it didn't matter as much.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Will Robbie Savage go down as the worst Albion player in the past 10 years?

By Albion player I mean what we actually saw in a Brighton shirt, his contribution to the team and ability.

Your thoughts.

I don't think you've been an Albion fan for very long. Even the Savage we saw was better than virtually every player that played for us during the first season at Gillingham.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Unlike those other players, Yeldell did make a positive contribution to the club...in a match versus Leeds. No way that he should be listed.

Why is securing a point against Leeds, a more 'positive contribution to the club' than say securing THREE points with a winning goal at Chesterfield?

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Why is securing a point against Leeds, a more 'positive contribution to the club' than say securing THREE points with a winning goal at Chesterfield?

When did I say it was?

But my memory fails me, so enlighten me. Who out of those players scored a winning goal at Chesterfield and what season was this?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Staff at the hotel he stayed in are GLAD he has gone as apparently he was very rude :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here