Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Savage, O'Cal, Revell, Elder, Hammond, Cox

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Right, this isn't a moan or a cheap snipe and most of it is based on the possibility of Hammond AND Cox leaving but...

We've signed Thomson (shrewd) and Murray (has to be good for that money) and Dixon (i'll hold judgment on that, 6 months ago 55k for him would have seemed an outrageous amount).

We've sold Revell and Elder and lost Savage and O'Cal.

It seems Hammond is off and rumours are building apace about Cox.

Is no-one else here a little bit worried that if we end up on Friday minus our captain and creative spark we are in a FAR worse position than we were before the transfer window opened?

When we signed Murray i was excited, i thought it might be enough to convince Hammond to stay (although i completely understand his desire to play at a higher level) and it seemed to be a positive sign, rebuilding. 1 day left in the transfer window though and things have gone a bit shit- lost 3 strikers, replaced them with two (who are both unproven at this level, letusnot forget that Revell scored lot's of goals around Christmas). Hmm, it's turned into a bit of rant but you get me right?!

(I think it's the prospect of losing Cox more than anything)

scooter1

How soon is now?
I think both Hammond and Cox should stay. They won't be playing in the Championship next season with Brighton, but the way we are building they could be the following year when, hopefully they'll both be better players playing in a better team(us). We will then be better placed to last in the Championship - if we go up this season(highly unlikely IMO) then we'll probably just be the whipping boys of the division. Better to go up with a solid foundation and be well equipped on the pitch - at the moment we're not..

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I feel the same.

Revell out Dixon in seems a slightly odd one, we got good money for Revell undeniably but he was a decent player, a decent third choice to have. Obviously don't know how good Dixon is but he is totally untested at his level. Even Murray as well, although we've paid big money, it doesn't guarantee you anything. Overall I think I might have rather kept Revell.

Hammond will be a big loss, despite the addition of Thompson, I think we'd need another central player as well. And Cox too, although his form has dipped he's still got talent and I wouldn't want to lose him. He'd need replacing.

Maybe it's just a bit of a natural reaction to change, but I am starting to get a little edgy... losing last night doesn't help as well.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I fully understand your concerns, and indeed share them, but we shall just have to have faith for another 24 hours.

One thing Wilkins stated in the summer was that the turnover of the squad needed to be higher, to keep interest up. He's being true to his word.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
If Hammond goes, we need to sign that guy from Colchester.

If Cox goes, then we need to replace him too, may be Currie? But who knows?

All this money being spent makes you wonder where it is all coming from?

And then you have the rumour of a press conference on Thursday?

Who knows what the next couple of days hold?

If Hammond goes, we need to sign that guy from Colchester.

If Cox goes, then we need to replace him too, may be Currie? But who knows?

All this money being spent makes you wonder where it is all coming from?

And then you have the rumour of a press conference on Thursday?

Who knows what the next couple of days hold?

Adams coming back until the end of the season?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
At this moment in time and if cox and hammond go then we are without doubt a weaker side.
Makes a bit of a mockery of DK ranting about the 5

Still 2 days left though !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here