Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saudis confiscate rainbow coloured toys

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Camouflage items were also banned in shops over there as are images of kids so you'll get the same marketing images in say an H&M but with the kids' faces pixelated.

Interesting the article also refers to the UAE banning a progressive Disney pic for featuring a same-sex kiss but the hordes are still happy to go to Dubai (nice waterparks) and lap up Man City.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Camouflage items were also banned in shops over there as are images of kids so you'll get the same marketing images in say an H&M but with the kids' faces pixelated.

Interesting the article also refers to the UAE banning a progressive Disney pic for featuring a same-sex kiss but the hordes are still happy to go to Dubai (nice waterparks) and lap up Man City.

Humans have a remarkable propensity to see what they want to see.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For all the moaning about how corporate Albion have become and other whinges it pales into insignificance as to to how disappointed I would be if we were owned by a state that is so bigoted and ruthless, regardless of how many superstars we may end up with.

Is there any Newcastle fan led movement that is kicking against the Beheaders owning their club?

Loving the idea of a plethora of Rainbow Flags at games against Newcastle

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Don't suppose there are many of them left, don't they tend to fall off tall buildings or have I got that confused with one of the other up to date Middle Eastern Countries?

There's a big scene over there due to the fact that access to opposite sex is not easy. You're only gay if you take it. Dudes in Jeddah with effeminate-looking Philipino 'staff' popping off to Beirut or London to let their hair down.

The tall building thing was when Islamic State held parts of Syria and Iraq. Absolutely heinous.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
It’s their beliefs and culture . Up to them isn’t it

very easy to say as a presumably straight guy living in the UK, not so easy to be blase when you are a gay Saudi Arabian fearing that you may be executed for just existing

When people ask in August "why do we need a gay pride, and why dont we have a straight pride - your post is the reason

I think that rainbow flags are an absolute necessity next time the head choppers come to town

We are Brighton after all. Loud and Proud

View attachment 148869

:thumbsup:

Well as they are coming to visit for the first home game, a week after pride I'd imagine the city will be covered with plenty of rainbow flags... wonder if the club will be doing anything pre-match? Was it Pride or Rainbow Laces that they did the pyro show before kick-off with rainbow smoke being fired up in front of the East Stand.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
I think the Newcastle match would be a good time to show our colours from the previous weekend.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It’s their beliefs and culture . Up to them isn’t it

You're the same bloke who wrote this in the Jake Daniels thread:

I’m just glad it wasn’t our club that’s first as the backlash would of been awful against the city .

Be interesting to see if any more come out now

So if you come out as gay in a place where it is fine to be gay, it's bad because the place gets a backlash.

And if you have gay symbolism in a place where it's illegal to be gay, it is bad because its not the culture of the place.

So where is it ok to be gay?

IMO it is very easy to get the impression that you simply don't like homosexuality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here