Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturdays hatefest

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I wasn't there myself, but it all started when he was playing for Borient.

He made some "going down" gestures at the North Stand faithful when he put the East London upstarts in front and nearly started a riot, resulting in the nice Mr Hearns claiming that we should be thrown out of the league.

Or something like that.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
While that's factually accurate sully, it doesn't really do justice to the tension, drama and emotion of that day, and therefore how incredibly stupid and provocative his actions were.

He's got what he deserves every single time we've played them since. I think Withdean may actually wake up a little on Saturday, just for him.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I thought it was Carl Griffiths that made those gestures...

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
A number of Orient players (and even their physio during a league cup game) made gestures or gave verbals to us during the period when our 'rivalry' was at its most intense.

Griffiths was one of them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was on the East terrace so can't be sure but I believe he did a two guns blasting simulation with his fingers at the North Stand as Orient took a late lead?....as in you're dead and going down. Heat of the moment in a very very tense and memorable game that we tried to throw away. Not really that bad but he's a little **** and it's fun to remind him whenever he plays against us

Where's Twatty when you need him :rolleyes:

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
TWAT ! TWAT ! TWAT !TWAT ! Need I say more ? One bloke I would not feel sorry for if he got a serious injury.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Icy Gull said:
I was on the East terrace so can't be sure but I believe he did a two guns blasting simulation with his fingers at the North Stand as Orient took a late lead?....as in your dead and going down. Heat of the ,moment in a very very tense game that we tried to throw away. Not really that bad but he's a little **** and it's fun to remind him whenever he palys against us

Where's Twatty when you need him :rolleyes:

Yep and Im sure that it was Carl Griffiths who made those gestures...

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
bhaexpress said:
TWAT ! TWAT ! TWAT !TWAT ! Need I say more ? One bloke I would not feel sorry for if he got a serious injury.

a relative of yours then?

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
Herne Hill Seagull said:
A number of Orient players (and even their physio during a league cup game) made gestures or gave verbals to us during the period when our 'rivalry' was at its most intense.

Griffiths was one of them.

Very true, I was standing behind the away dugout in the West Stand and their subs were goading us all game with going down signs. In fact the guy who ran on the pitch and attacked the Ray Wilkins did it because of this, one minute he was standing next to me the next he was trying to lump the referee!!:eek:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
How can anyone not know/have forgotten about Scott McGleish?

His actions nearly got us deducted three points that would have relegated us and led to his Chairman trying to get us thrown out the league.

The amount of abuse he used to get at Gillingham (sorry, that's when WE PLAYED AT GILLINGHAM for those who weren't aware of that either) was about right, but it's gone down since then. Not enough to stop him being fearful of going out in Brighton after games, though :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here