Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday's Crowd Of 7233

sammy g

Barnet at home evening game,last season at the Goldstone was the worst i remember

I went to that game, they closed the North Stand a good thirty minutes before KO we had to go in the East Stand. The then Barnet Manager mentioned the size of the crowd and how hard it was for Away teams to play at the Goldstone with that sort of crowd. Every home match towards the end of the last season at the Goldstone was a sell-out and huge for League 2 attendance figures.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I believe the MK Dons count their season ticket holders in to their attendance even if they don't turn up. Even so there attendance is appalling even if they don't cook the figures. Look at the where we play and we are only two places behind them for home support. We don't need to talk about our away support, it has always been one of the best.

Last edited:

Home capacity is 8850 though since that stand caught fire next to the disabled section max capacity is 8700.
There were 600 empty seats in the away end so the crowd should have been 8100. We sold out!
Yet 800 didn't turn up. 1 in 10!!
Doesn't seem right.
I suppose this will be par for the course next season when the plastics come along.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We were in C block and there were two empty seats right in front of us. I'm sure C block looked full, but out of a little block of eight seats two, (i.e. 25%), were empty. Repeat that throughout the stadium (as I'm sure our section of C block wasn't unique) and the numbers soon add up in dribs and drabs.

And what is the official capacity now that V block isn't used?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We were in C block and there were two empty seats right in front of us. I'm sure C block looked full, but out of a little block of eight seats two, (i.e. 25%), were empty. Repeat that throughout the stadium (as I'm sure our section of C block wasn't unique) and the numbers soon add up in dribs and drabs.

And what is the official capacity now that V block isn't used?

This is correct. I was in G block and there was an empty seat next to me and one a couple of rows in front. 20 empty seats in block would scarcely show but they'd all add up.

I remember the Chesterfield game in 2001 which sold out almost immediately - yet I had an empty seat next to me, two in front of me and a couple empties further along.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The seat next to me has been empty all season but whenever I try and purchase it for a friend, I am told that it is a season ticket holder.
Well..where the f... are they!

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
We've been here before many times, when I asked once in the club shop I was told they do not count in crowd figures the cheap kids for a quid and reduced givaway tickets (i.e Hagleton Rangers bringing 250 people!!), I agree the crowd figures are not numericaly correct a lot of the time and its annoying when you hear afterwards on the radio, them saying the crowd figure was disappointing, when you KNOW the place was full.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here