Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday Sport details

Aug 11, 2005
Thanks to everyone for helping us overcome the failure of our phone company to switch our phones on Tuesday!

This weekend the normal phone-line is back from 4.30 to 6pm:- 08459 570057. JOHN BYRNE will take your calls this week.

The Text line:- 07786 207070

You can now phone 24 hours a day on our Hart to Hart Rant line :-01483 734393 (*cost of a standard rate call - hoping to sort freephone eventually). Can a few of you ring today (Thursday), i'd like to check its working ok!

And this weekend's "Question of the day" on saturday is "Is your club's Season ticket value for money" (designed to open up the topic for lots of club fans to email in - not to knock the Albion specifically!) Email answers to harty@bbc.co.uk

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
A bit steap for a 16yo now 17 to pay £460 but it's to see the club we love so we have no choice

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Re: Re: Saturday Sport details

The Large One said:
Answer: YES. Without it, I wouldn't be able to get in.

according to talk sport on the way to Derby people climb over the sportsmans fence to get in! :lolol: :lolol:

zakthemack

Aug 9, 2005
Columbus, OH USA
Quite simply for my local club, Columbus Crew in MLS, the answer is no. They never look like scoring, traded away our best striker (whom after being traded is leading the league in goals), and always seem to sign everyone else in the league's 30+ utility midfielders. It's a sad state of affairs, and yet I go week in, week out, and will drive 12+ hours later on this month for an away trip.

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
Zackthemack you lucky sod living where you do.
It's costing me a fortune to come over in September to watch my college football team Ohio State.
In Columbus for about five days after going to Lexington Kentucky
plus Louisville.
In Cincinnati for three days to finsh trip off.
Been to watch our sort of football in America.
Anyone who thinks Premiership crowds are boring and make no noise should watch MLS.
Been past the crew stadium a couple of times.
They play Saturday night which is no good to me as go for meal with American friends after watching Ohio State.(San Diego this time)
Get in touch.
HAMPSHIRE DAVE

:clap:

zakthemack

Aug 9, 2005
Columbus, OH USA
Crew have an attractive stadium, but the footy is very, very poor. Although, Chad Marshall is a budding star. One of the best central backs in the country. If he could sort out a work permit, England is probably a good bet. At 19 I'd have him over Bocanegra straight away.

How do Brighton compare with other clubs in the Coca Cola, as far as season ticket prices go? Did the price go up significantly this season as they went up?

BBC Southern Counties Rad said:
And this weekend's "Question of the day" on saturday is "Is your club's Season ticket value for money" (designed to open up the topic for lots of club fans to email in - not to knock the Albion specifically!) Email answers to harty@bbc.co.uk

Here's another question - is the proportion of my licence fee that goes to producing agenda-loaded questions like this value for money. How about provoking a positive discussion JUST FOR A CHANGE.

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
Zakthe mack:
No Albion's did not go up by a daft amount may be wrong think it was about £20?
Living where I do only make Saturday home games plus some away.
So don't have season ticket.
Just got my tickets online for Buckeyes v San Diego State on Sep 17th.
BRING IT ON!
HAMPSHIRE DAVE:clap: :clap2:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
It is a bit steep IMHO but if it keeps the club ging then I am more than happy to pay it.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
the Question Of The Day is for the PHONE-IN you GOONS :shootself

:p

Last edited:

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Last time I was at Brighton, the presenter kept asking for women to ring in. It wasn't just once, it was every 2 seconds. And then some old bloke came on who hadn't been to the game and regaled us with a story of standing on his Dad's shoulders at the Goldstone?

Is this the same one? :dunce:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
probably yeah, usually taken over by some drivel from some old bloke wondering why we are doing so shit....they hav'nt woken up from the early 80's yet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here