Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sarmiento

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Some of us remember seeing a young lad in 1975 playing for the reserves, aged 19 . His name was Peter Ward. The reserves in those days got crowds of many thousands. We all saw Wardy's potential very early on and I used to love being at a reserve match with memories of him scoring at will. I do sense that Sermiento is of that quality. I so hope he plays tomorrow and does a Rooney!

TNBA

TTF

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
He is now a full international at 19 as he came on for Ecuador last night . They won 3-0 against Bolivia in world cup qualifying game. He will be some player.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Some of us remember seeing a young lad in 1975 playing for the reserves, aged 19 . His name was Peter Ward. The reserves in those days got crowds of many thousands. We all saw Wardy's potential very early on and I used to love being at a reserve match with memories of him scoring at will. I do sense that Sermiento is of that quality. I so hope he plays tomorrow and does a Rooney!

TNBA

TTF

Many thousands at reserve game? I only remember that happening when there were cup tickets on sale!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought Sarmiento was an England youth International?

Obviously you thought wrong!

No, I didn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Sarmiento

So he was born in Spain to Ecuadorian parents, moved to England aged 7 and has played for England U16, U17 and U18. He's played as often for his country as he has for his club.

if only you'd done this research before originally posting.....

If only YOU'D done the research before snarkily accusing him of being wrong... :jester:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Will he have to isolate after returning from a red list country?
Shame if so, with the current ongoing midfield situation, Norwich away would have been a good fixture for his Premier debut.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
How on earth did we manage to sign Sarmiento from Benfica?
I'd love to know the background to the move, I can't imagine any club would release such a talent willingly.

It's another massive marker that's been put down by our club to show that young talent will get a good chance of playing Premier League football at Brighton. The other side of the coin is that the club needs to be seen to be playing them.
Manchester City's James McAtee must also fall into that category of young potential superstars who could possibly be enticed to a fast-tracked route to playing senior football.

The main stream sports media are soon going to start comparing us to the best European academies.
Although a few journalists are beginning to recognise the fact, most haven't quite woken up to it yet.

The main thing is that Europe's young players and their representatives seem to know what's brewing at Lancing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here