Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sarmiento out on loan

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It’s the Mothership! Didn’t they donate our first shirts? Our manager was ex-WBA and that is why we are called Albion as far as I know.

Not according to Tim Carder. He found no connection between John Jackson and West Brom and we didn't play in stripes until several seasons later.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
Not according to Tim Carder. He found no connection between John Jackson and West Brom and we didn't play in stripes until several seasons later.
Oh OK. Not sure where I read that but happy to be corrected.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's a great deal for them - assuming he stays fit - and it's a good deal for us as long as Corberan stays put as he is a decent coach.

No idea whether he will be a roaring success or back by Christmas injured after West Brom have appointed some hoof ball, get it in the mixer, manager.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Oh OK. Not sure where I read that but happy to be corrected.
He does say that it's a widely held belief, because Jackson played his football in the midlands, but he can find no evidence that he was ever at West Brom. No-one really knows where Albion come from, although he does speculate that two directors of the club had Albion links: one owned an Albion Hotel (not related to the Royal Albion) and one owned a pub called the Albion Inn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here