Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sarfend on Choosdy

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
those driving from brighton what time you all leaving?

Tuesday night, M25, rush hour..you need to be leaving around 4.30 to allow for a pre-game bevvy

I't takes 1 1/2 hours to the A127 and another 1/2 hour to Saafend from there, (actually from Brighton I recommend you take the A13 as the A127 is a mare of an evening)

Once in Southend it is OK but the roads in are terrible.

The pubs will also be pretty packed too because of Champs League I expect.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Brett, do you keep a LITTLE BOOK, where you note down all the matches you attend?

If so, you are an enormous GEEK*

*but its still a lot of games, and I might buy your a beer if I see you there.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not doubting you at all, but how on earth do you know that? I couldn't possibly even guess at how many games I've been to.

I started doing it when I first went, then I kept a record the next season to see if I could beat the games I attended the season before. Then I kept doing it until we left the Goldstone. The records I kept are still at my mums place.

I kind of stopped doing it when we went to Gillingham, just because I was late teens and got lazy. But I knew I hadnt missed a game at the priestfield, and only done a handful of aways, so totted them up, and started counting again.

In the last couple of seasons I had got lazy at counting them, so about 2 months ago I was at mothers and decided to count up the last 3 seasons to add to the totals (easy to do as I done pretty much every game - apart from living in India)

I then realised I had just crept over the 590 barrier, and so will keep a count evermore (the games only include competitive games, not friendlies)

If I have a lot of time one day, I will be able to see what me record for wins, losses, draws, goals scored etc will be.

And it all started on the 1st day of the 1987/88 season with a 1-0 win over York City

Brett, do you keep a LITTLE BOOK, where you note down all the matches you attend?

If so, you are an enormous GEEK*

*but its still a lot of games, and I might buy your a beer if I see you there.

Not a book, but a series of old programmes with scribbles in it, and help from print outs of Soccerbases fixture lists for the last 6 years

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
"The closest station to the ground is Prittlewell, about a five minute walk away."

That's from the footballgroundguide. Can anyone confirm this? Am considering going by train, but the last one back is cutting it a bit fine. Footballgroundguide has been wrong before at judging station to ground distance!

cheers

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Not a book, but a series of old programmes with scribbles in it, and help from print outs of Soccerbases fixture lists for the last 6 years

You SCRIBBLE in your programmes!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Please tell me you also buy another one, which you keep in PRISTINE condition in a protective SHEATH in a temperature and humidity controlled ROOM

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I started doing it when I first went, then I kept a record the next season to see if I could beat the games I attended the season before. Then I kept doing it until we left the Goldstone. The records I kept are still at my mums place.

I kind of stopped doing it when we went to Gillingham, just because I was late teens and got lazy. But I knew I hadnt missed a game at the priestfield, and only done a handful of aways, so totted them up, and started counting again.

In the last couple of seasons I had got lazy at counting them, so about 2 months ago I was at mothers and decided to count up the last 3 seasons to add to the totals (easy to do as I done pretty much every game - apart from living in India)

I then realised I had just crept over the 590 barrier, and so will keep a count evermore (the games only include competitive games, not friendlies)

If I have a lot of time one day, I will be able to see what me record for wins, losses, draws, goals scored etc will be.

And it all started on the 1st day of the 1987/88 season with a 1-0 win over York City

GEEK! :bigwave:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
"The closest station to the ground is Prittlewell, about a five minute walk away."

That's from the footballgroundguide. Can anyone confirm this? Am considering going by train, but the last one back is cutting it a bit fine. Footballgroundguide has been wrong before at judging station to ground distance!

cheers

yeah that sounds about right , i did it in 10 but i'm sure there are shortcuts :)

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

cheers

scr11bd214ey6.jpg

:thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/5571/scr11bd214ey6.jpg
:thumbsup:

Should be alright i suppose, bit of a step though - confirms that i won't be one of 1000 mugs clapping the team off after a 4-0 defeat. Cheers.

:jester:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
3 generations of us going. :ascarf::albion2::ascarf:

Can confirm that our allocation of family tickets has sold out ( I know this from speaking to ticket office today as they lost my postal app from a couple of weeks ago......long story but all sorted now )

I estimated 800odd of us on a previous thread. Reckon I'll stick with that 'cos it's a midweeker.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Am getting worried as I cannot drive, had an eye op, if son doesnt go and drive me it is either train but according to the timetable there isnt one until 11.23 arrive HH 0205 via Three Bridges.

Just occurred to me her that has to be obeyed can drive me and sit in the car and do her wordsearch while the game is on. Problem solved:laugh:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Crucial game... will go work-permitting...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here