Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sarah Palin

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If she ever became President of the USA it would do more for the Pro-Europe cause than anything before. The 'Special Relationship' would be severely tested.

There's smart Republicans, and dumb Republicans, and she is definitely in the latter category.

The idea of the most powerful person in the world not even having a passport until a couple of years ago is very disturbing.

She would be totally out of her depth in relation to financial, economic, social, defence and international issues.

These days it doesn't matter, she'd just be the billboard figurehead hiding the Rumsfelds and Cheneys that operate subversive operations behind it all.
Republican voters will vote for anyone, as long as they represent that party

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Palin’s popularity has taken a big hit after the Tuscon shootings and her TV show ‘Palins Alaska’ has been axed after its first season. She would get the backing of all the Hicks, Red Necks and Bible Belt nutters but that won’t be enough to get her into the White House – the unfortunate thing is that all the publicity surrounding her stops people discussing the important issues in the States like the economy and healthcare reform. Definitely damaged goods.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
I'd seriously consider moving home if she got elected but don't think she will. For anyone at home not aware she posted gun sight targets on her website of certain Democrat "seats" that are marginals. One of which was the Senator who was shot in Tucson , Arizona. Subsequently she made a statement along the lines that only the actual perpetrator bears responsibility for a criminal act. Don't think anyone is suggesting that she is in any way involved but surely anyone who craves media attention in the way she does should be somewhat responsible in what they say and do?
She is dreadful.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
This woman is dangerous. End of. She is also utterly stubborn and will not back down under any circumstances, which seems to be her appeal to many voters.

A lot has been made of the map on her website flagging up Democratic targets. She has argued (entirely superficially) that many parties use the target analogy. This much is true. However, most parties don't churn out the slogan "don't retreat, reload". Just how is that meant to be interpreted apart from a reference to weaponry? Congresswoman Giffords herself predicted consequences as a result of the map's posting, yet it sat on Palin's site for a year, only being pulled on the day of the shooting.

Then she has the cheek to suggest that she is the victim of a "blood libel". This coming from the woman that made the extraordinary leap of suggesting that the new healthcare bill would lead to euthanasia "death panels" sitting in judgement of the disabled.

She is incendiary and she is hypocritical. If she gets elected in 2012 then I am digging a shelter down at the bottom of the garden. How can you trust a person who believes that the Earth is no more than 6,000 years old, that donsaurs cohabited with humans and that the Book of Revelations is prophecy with the red button?

Moron, moron, moron!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's smart Republicans, and dumb Republicans, and she is definitely in the latter category.

The idea of the most powerful person in the world not even having a passport until a couple of years ago is very disturbing.

She would be totally out of her depth in relation to financial, economic, social, defence and international issues.
No El Pres SARAH PALIN not George Bush. tisk.

This woman is dangerous. End of. She is also utterly stubborn and will not back down under any circumstances, which seems to be her appeal to many voters.

A lot has been made of the map on her website flagging up Democratic targets. She has argued (entirely superficially) that many parties use the target analogy. This much is true. However, most parties don't churn out the slogan "don't retreat, reload". Just how is that meant to be interpreted apart from a reference to weaponry? Congresswoman Giffords herself predicted consequences as a result of the map's posting, yet it sat on Palin's site for a year, only being pulled on the day of the shooting.

Then she has the cheek to suggest that she is the victim of a "blood libel". This coming from the woman that made the extraordinary leap of suggesting that the new healthcare bill would lead to euthanasia "death panels" sitting in judgement of the disabled.

She is incendiary and she is hypocritical. If she gets elected in 2012 then I am digging a shelter down at the bottom of the garden. How can you trust a person who believes that the Earth is no more than 6,000 years old, that donsaurs cohabited with humans and that the Book of Revelations is prophecy with the red button?

Moron, moron, moron!
Armageddon? Bring it on!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
She's a figurehead of the angry right.

and only of them. the moderates dont like her. most of the "tea party" related right wing candidates for which she is the figurehead got pounded. from what i understand, she only gets interest because theres not another credible or high profile republican at this time.

Without wanting to go off on a tangent of what is an important political issue in America, I just cant decide if I fancy her or not?

oh, definatly MILF.

She claimed North Korea were allies. She is thick.

This was not a typical case of a woman struggling to understand a map, i.e. getting north confused with south. She genuinely has no idea of foreign affairs and I think she would struggle to put a list of even prominent countries in their correct continents. She actually thought Africa was a country! It's unbelievable she is still so popular; it's probably because so many Americans are equally insular.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Barrack Obama will win a second term, nothing to see here.
The only way that would happen, at the moment, is if the Republican Party split there own vote with regular and 'Tea-Party' representatives.
I doubt even they are that stoopid.

I think the US will suffer a similar reaction to us an Thatcher.

The rest of the world couldn't believe what we had done, when she was ousted.
Much the same when Obhama goes.
The only difference being, Obhama will be paying for others screw ups, not his own.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Two years before the election she has +50% unfavorables in the polls, and 100% name recognition. She was toast before Tucson -- with those numbers she has no upside potential. If she announces, her polls will peak the week she announces, and drop from there.

If she was a stock, you'd mortgage the house and use the proceeds to short her.

She has a shot at the nomination only because the early states in the nomination process favor religious nutcases with retrograde views on that whole Enlightment thing. Even then, Iowa, the first caucus state ain't buying.

Worry about comets hitting the earth, or the possibility that the Mayans may be onto something with that 2012 date.

Last edited:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I think the US will suffer a similar reaction to us an Thatcher.

The rest of the world couldn't believe what we had done, when she was ousted.
Some of the rest of the world wondered what took you lot so long....

Lewes' best seagull

Jan 31, 2008
Dangerous right wing nut job spouting the usual god fearing spiel to the inbred masses of the southern bible belt & redneck bigots. The worrying thing is, *some* yanks are stupid enough to vote for her.

Given the volatile mentality of *some* American minds, 'her gun-sight target's' against rival politicians was tasteless & irresponsible. She deserves all the negative publicity - Although everytime she opens her mouth, she's an easy target for the media in any case. Her persistent paranoid & spiteful rants against Obama border on obsessive.

The thought some backwards hillbilly from Alaska could potentially be leader of the so called superpower of the western world is a scary thought.

Palin is George Bush in a skirt. Some of her outbursts make Bush seem almost intelectial.

:lolol:

Sorry, someone had to point that out.

Anyway..I wouldn't put it past America to elect Palin. With the ever popular 'Tea Party' and the decline of Obama's administration due to the supposed 'left wing' policies the next election will be interesting.

How Palin can be taken seriously with remarks like 'blood libel' just shows the ignorance of the majority of Americans

Sarah Palin sticks to her guns after Arizona shootings and accuses her critics of 'blood libel' | World news | The Guardian

She thinks Africa is a nation.
She thinks the US is at war in Iran.
She writes buzz phrases on her hand to read during interviews because she is too f***ing thick to remember 4 points for 30 minutes.
She thinks that it is a decent enough grounding in foreign afairs that Alaska is next to Russia.
She believes in 'family values' but has such a f***ed up family life that her own daughter had a child whilst un-married.
She could not name a single one of the 'founding fathers' of the US. I can name at least 2 and I am British.
She could not name a single supreme court descision she either opposed nor supported.
She did not know what the role of the vice president of the US was.

That thick f***ing cow would be the single worst thing that could happen to this world - period.

She has almost no chance of gettin the nomination and sure as hell the GOP don't want her to. The US elections, like almost no other countries, are won in the centre ground. Palin plays well to the un-educated, rifle toting, bible loving, abortion having (look at the stats for which states have the most abortions per head of population - it the bible states) bigots. To the (moderately) educated middle ground who will give the GOP the white house she is anethaema. And for damn good reson.

The GOP will do ANYTHING to stop her getting the nomination. If she gets it the white house is democrat at the next US election.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
She thinks Africa is a nation.
She thinks the US is at war in Iran.
She writes buzz phrases on her hand to read during interviews because she is too f***ing thick to remember 4 points for 30 minutes.
She thinks that it is a decent enough grounding in foreign afairs that Alaska is next to Russia.
She believes in 'family values' but has such a f***ed up family life that her own daughter had a child whilst un-married.
She could not name a single one of the 'founding fathers' of the US. I can name at least 2 and I am British.
She could not name a single supreme court descision she either opposed nor supported.
She did not know what the role of the vice president of the US was.

That thick f***ing cow would be the single worst thing that could happen to this world - period.

She has almost no chance of gettin the nomination and sure as hell the GOP don't want her to. The US elections, like almost no other countries, are won in the centre ground. Palin plays well to the un-educated, rifle toting, bible loving, abortion having (look at the stats for which states have the most abortions per head of population - it the bible states) bigots. To the (moderately) educated middle ground who will give the GOP the white house she is anethaema. And for damn good reson.

The GOP will do ANYTHING to stop her getting the nomination. If she gets it the white house is democrat at the next US election.
yeah but you still would, wouldn't yer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here