Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sandaza

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Three goals in the SPL by now is a WOEFUL return. You are obviously remembering that the SPL is roughly League One/Two standard, yes?
Possibly, but he has 5 league goals, and 7 in all competitions. :dunce:

You say that but St Johnston have already beaten Celtic away this season in the League

Oh and he wasn't the worse in the last ten years by a long way
Perfectly correct. He was OK ish and worked hard for us, no more, no less. This is not an attempt to start that debate, I'm just interested to see how he does in the SPL, and amusingly enough the answer is that his team is almost as good as Celtic. :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Perfectly correct. He was OK ish and worked hard for us, no more, no less. This is not an attempt to start that debate, I'm just interested to see how he does in the SPL, and amusingly enough the answer is that his team is almost as good as Celtic. :lolol:

Even "OKish" is incredibly kind. We had a fantastic midfield by League One standards at the time, he had plenty of good service, yet always looked incredibly basic, barring being 6 yards from goal. Incredibly limited player, Gus practically said as much in his first article about Fran.

I wouldn't go in for such a character assassination but he seemed like a bit of a knob, pointing at the name on his shirt after each 5 yard deflected tap in, and complaining about not playing when far better strikers were playing and scoring week in week out.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Even "OKish" is incredibly kind. We had a fantastic midfield by League One standards at the time, he had plenty of good service, yet always looked incredibly basic, barring being 6 yards from goal. Incredibly limited player, Gus practically said as much in his first article about Fran.

I wouldn't go in for such a character assassination but he seemed like a bit of a knob, pointing at his shirt after each 5 yard deflected tap in, and complaining about not playing when far better strikers were playing and scoring week in week out.
To be fair, he had scored at Ibrox and Celtic Park for Dundee Utd where he was quite popular. However, you are completely wrong IMO when you say he's one of the worst we've had in the last ten years - he's nowhere near that list.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To be fair, he had scored at Ibrox and Celtic Park for Dundee Utd where he was quite popular. However, you are completely wrong IMO when you say he's one of the worst we've had in the last ten years - he's nowhere near that list.

He's not good though is he? You have to admit he looks a bit basic on the ball.

I think that just continues to emphasise the mounting evidence we have now that SPL is utter pony.

Graeme Smith - Regular for Motherwell for years - one of the worst keepers League One has ever seen.
Steven Thomson - Regular for Falkirk - fairly invisible League One midfielder.
Fran Sandaza - Described as "classy, neat and skilful" by Dundee fans - a very, very limited League One goalpoacher with little evidence of being "classy, neat and skilful".

Last edited:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Three goals in the SPL by now is a WOEFUL return. You are obviously remembering that the SPL is roughly League One/Two standard, yes?

It's a close run thing between him and Dickinson for worst striker for Brighton in the last 10 years, technique wise.

Look at the date of the original post

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So does former England international, Peter Crouch.

Agreed but he is a freak of nature. And he does do some incredibly basic things sometimes too. But he has the excuse of being an incredibly awkward shape.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Fat chance.

I'm getting the Pringles out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here