Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

San Marino 0- 13 Germany

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Easy 10 said:
Anyway, its a f***ing JOKE having these pub teams in European qualifying groups. They should be having a preliminary round to pre-qualify for the group. Utter waste of everyones time stuffing these groups full of Andorras and San Marinos.

Have to agree with that. Its waste of time and effort. I think even Brighton could have beaten Andorra the other day.

And whats all this "There's no such thing as an easy game in International football"..........bollocks there isn't !

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
pasty said:
Have to agree with that. Its waste of time and effort. I think even Brighton could have beaten Andorra the other day.

Not with MM in charge. We would be lucky to score NIL as the saying goes.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
:clap2: :clap2: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Consider my sig amended...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Of the bottom ranked teams Montserrat dont have a pitch due to the volcanic eruption with covered half the island with lava. American Samoa are not into soccer but prefer sports like baseball and american football. Guam is basically an south pacific island with an American military base built on it. Cant see Afghanistan on the list but this maybe due to when the Taliban were in power and used to hold public executions in the football stadiums instead of playing matches.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
seagullsovergrimsby said:
Of the bottom ranked teams Montserrat dont have a pitch due to the volcanic eruption with covered half the island with lava. American Samoa are not into soccer but prefer sports like baseball and american football. Guam is basically an south pacific island with an American military base built on it. Cant see Afghanistan on the list but this maybe due to when the Taliban were in power and used to hold public executions in the football stadiums instead of playing matches.

I think American Samoa are the team that suffered the heaviest defeat ever a few years ago: 32-0

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I notice that the Germans' last was a 90th minute penalty. Now I know the refs have a job to do and all that, but you have to wonder about the mentality of a ref who awards a pen in the last minute to a team leading 12-0.

Would it have killed him to let it go? That's just f***ing sadism. :lol:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Wardywonderland said:
Sure I heard that the Channel Islands were making inquries about having a team.

Died a death a good few years back.

However Isle Of Man I think are still considering it, as are Greenland I believe.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
H block said:
Where are Atlantis in the Fifa lists ?
Their pitch is less waterlogged than Lithuania's, I believe

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Typical Germans. 12 offside goals and a dodgy penalty. :nono:

Cocksucker Blue

Sep 3, 2006
Easy 10 said:
Anyway, its a f***ing JOKE having these pub teams in European qualifying groups. They should be having a preliminary round to pre-qualify for the group. Utter waste of everyones time stuffing these groups full of Andorras and San Marinos.

I bet Football League teams feel the same towards Brighton. Mayo, Oatway, El Abd all pub players.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
talking of the little sides...there was a case for their defence last night.

liechenstein actually took the lead against sweden and it was only by the 79th minute that sweden finally took the lead.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Woody the Seagull said:
I think American Samoa are the team that suffered the heaviest defeat ever a few years ago: 32-0

31-0 I believe the ref actually lost count during the game. Also the American Samoa team was their under 21 team as the full side had difficulty in getting the Australian government to issue visas for them.

Leichtenstein also held Portugal to a 2-2 draw in the World Cup qualifiers. The latter then went and stuffed Russia 7-0 in the next match.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Yeah it was 31-0 If I remember correctly, and I think it was the biggest winning margin in international football. I wonder if the 13-0 last night is the biggest in the Euro champs?

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Statto said:
yeah it was 31-0 And I think it was the biggest winning margin in international football. I wonder if the 13-0 last night is the biggest in the Euro champs?

Indeed it was beating Norways 10-1 romp over them.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
crodonilson said:
Indeed it was beating Norways 10-1 romp over them.

I remember hearing about that. Wasnt it a world cup qualifier though for usa 1994? I seem to recall that both those teams were in our group along with poland and Holland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here