Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

San Francisco will be going to vote on a ban on circumcision for babies......

Do you agree with genital mutilation on non consenting children?

• Yes.. it is barbaric

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No... it it a parental/cultural choice.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Don't know.

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Where's the other choice;
"Maybe - I am certain about this and won't sit on the fence"

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
"Genital mutilation" seems a bit of a harsh description of the operation. Some would argue that it looks a lot neater.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
The Jews have been circumcising babies for a number of years now.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
having the tip of your foreskin cut off does not equate to having your labia removed......and i believe that might be a fact...!!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
tee hee .......no daughters then ..?

I was referring to the male operation, as I have no knowledge or understanding of the female operation whatsoever.

One son, one daughter, since you ask. But not being Jewish, the conversation has never really come up.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
genital mutilation (female circumcission) is widely practiced in northern/central africa......there is a difference between drawing the curtains and cutting them off ....it is not a pleasant procedure..... in the horn of africa (ironically) they remove the labia majora and the clitoris in the same procedure..........there's a kick in the nuts for the lefty , handwringing ,do-gooders.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
If there's no medical benefit, then yes it should be banned on babies & children too young to make the call themselves. I just cannot understand any argument otherwise - harming a child because it's traditional/cultural?! Or even just because it "looks better"?! Has to be the individual's call, so let them make it when they're an adult.

Those who say it's ok, would you make the same argument for a piercing or tattoo?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
you lot have missed the point completely , haven't read the article but we have had probs in perth with ethiopian/sudanese/somali fathers wanting their daughters twatts mutilated on the nhs.......not happening is it...?? result , mutilated females being bought in to casualty with not very nice problems.......it's all very well having a bit off spare and cumbersome skin cut off the end o f yer cock but having yer twatt savaged with a pair of dress making scissors is just f***ing wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here