Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

samuel eto

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A lot of money agreed, what a player though.

:bowdown:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its pathetic.
If that deal goes through, I actually hope he breaks his leg in three places on his debut, just so it highlights to Man City what a LUDICROUS deal they have given the guy. Having him long-term sidelined while they pump a million pounds a month into his account might just bring home the downright rank obscenity of paying footballers money like this.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Absolutely ridiculous money. A wage cap should definitely be introduced. How can any person get that amount of money playing for a mediocre team, being far from the best player in the world. Crazy.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I now officially have no interest in the premiership as it stands - repulsive money driven retirement home for players looking for a big payday who do not give a F**k about the team they are joining. give me the football league any day of the week. The premiership can't even attract top draw players like Kaka, Villa or Arguero

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In terms of business it's funny how Barcelona are GAGGING for a deal now the stupid money is on the table.

We know the redtops are inflating the real money on offer but even so the money IS obscene and ultimately the knock-on effect in spiralling wages will be financial ruin for another 3 or 4 league clubs.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Absolutely ridiculous money. A wage cap should definitely be introduced. How can any person get that amount of money playing for a mediocre team, being far from the best player in the world. Crazy.

Exactly, it is only going to get worse and i'm sure in the next few years, someone will be earning £1million a week, this us==is ruining football

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In the unlikely event of me being at a game in which he was playing, I think I'd boo him just purely for the money he is on.
I appreciate there are legions of overpaid ponces all over the place in football, but £250k a week would just take it into a new stratosphere of rank vulgarity.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
f*** off you sad bastards. He is worth more than £250,000 a week. We should be grateful he has opted to honour us with his presence in English football. Unthankful tossers :angry:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
One thing is for sure, it is a great addition to the Premier League.

With Eto'o, Robinho, Elano, Santa Cruz and Vassell all in the same team Man City have some serious flair and goals in there team next term

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Why rail against football players though, there are plenty of talentless actors, musicians, entertainers, bankers, arms dealers and others out there who earn far more.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Why rail against football players though, there are plenty of talentless actors, musicians, entertainers, bankers, arms dealers and others out there who earn far more.

I guess generally their companies still look to make a profit.

Not sure what the premiership is anymore, definately not sport.

Of course, some clubs will have more financial clout than others but when success is merely based on how much money some billionaire has to throw away, it becomes a bit pointless.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I guess generally
Of course, some clubs will have more financial clout than others but when success is merely based on how much money some billionaire has to throw away, it becomes a bit pointless.

I agree, the Prem is pointless, it is a two and a half horse race at best, at least City might make it a three and a half horse race, and as you can imagine up here the Berties are going orgasmic over the thought of Tevez and E'too up front.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
£250 grand a week to a guy that makes in the region of 7.4 million a day is a drop in the ocean,saying that its a sad state of affairs when clubs are going to the wall for less than he will be earning a week. Not the players fault people are willing to pay such ridiculous amounts of money for thier services it is the very infrastructure of the game itself,and the way the wealth is distributed through down to grass root level,which is virtualy nil.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Frightening amount of money really. :nono:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
£250 grand a week to a guy that makes in the region of 7.4 million a day is a drop in the ocean,saying that its a sad state of affairs when clubs are going to the wall for less than he will be earning a week. Not the players fault people are willing to pay such ridiculous amounts of money for thier services it is the very infrastructure of the game itself,and the way the wealth is distributed through down to grass root level,which is virtualy nil.

Beyond that, if someone has that amount of money to simply throw away (which is essentially what is happening), imagine what good they could do with that money.

Ridiculous.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not the players fault

...is the view I used to take as well. And any of us would be liars if we said we'd turn that money down if it was offered to us. But the fact is, players are always on the take, always wanting more and more and more. Once Carlos Spacktardo starts picking up £100k a week, then Julio Rapester is soon knocking on the door asking for £110,000 a week, and so it goes on until the arabs just start offering these ludicrous sums out of hand because its considered the "going rate".

So in that respect, yes, it IS the players fault now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here