• Total voters

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
To be honest, I don't experience anything regarding the iPhone as being told what to do by Apple. I certainly don't feel compelled to buy the iPhone 5 before my contract runs out. However, I do relate to them as a company with great taste and a love of great design. So I'm more inclined to buy their products and services than another gadget made by another company, irrespective of the specs or price.

Before I bought a Macbook a few years ago, I was anti-Apple and had my reasons: ring-fenced, proprietary etc etc. Buying the laptop completely changed my opinion, and with the operating system being far more user friendly than Windows, I was a convert.

Bought a 4S last year and adore it - I maintain that the 'phone part is largely irrelevant as one spends 99% of user-time doing something else with it, and the App-Thing ensures that it isn't restrictive at all, at least not so I notice.

I won't be buying another 'phone for many a moon now, and the 5 isn't that far of a departure to make a 'phone revolution in any way imminent: the iOS is updated this month and Apple will keep their customers happy yet again.

The death of Steve Jobs will I expect begin to take its toll on Apple very shortly given what he was responsible for and how he achieved it, but Apple's customers' iPhones have always felt more personal to them than an old Nokia, and they do seem to place great stock in brand loyalty.

Interesting-ish times.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Get which ever you fancy and be happy about it, they are both great. It's a personal choice, apples walled garden makes it top class in what it does, where as Android phones have a flexibility and 'tinker' factor that many love. That being said, many will also hate this is they can be pretty dull fresh out the box.

Get whatever suits you, unlike what many would have you believe, it's not as simple as either being 'better'.

But whatever you do, don't be f***ing smug about it, fanboy bickering is a foul modern habit.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Quite amazing how protective people are over their phone brand. Almost like how people fight over which console is better, the Playstation or the Xbox :lolol:

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
These debates have been going years, and will continue into the future. All good fun...

C64 vs Amstrad CPC464
NES vs Master System
SNES vs Mega Drive
PS vs Gamecube?
PS2 vs XBOX
PS3 vs XBOX360
iOS vs Android

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
These debates have been going years, and will continue into the future. All good fun...

C64 vs Amstrad CPC464
NES vs Master System
SNES vs Mega Drive
PS vs Gamecube?
PS2 vs XBOX
PS3 vs XBOX360
iOS vs Android

PS was vs N64 (OR Saturn)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I got to use one of those Samsung blowers in my previous job, one of the cheapist flimsyist things I've ever got my hands on.
The Nokia windows blower was pony too.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I got to use one of those Samsung blowers in my previous job, one of the cheapist flimsyist things I've ever got my hands on.
The Nokia windows blower was pony too.

What a load of bollocks.
I'm not a fanboy of either & until recently only ever considered / owned iPhones & I own an iPad 2 (which I love) but to say the galaxy is flimsy is rubbish !
Maybe it's a trick of the mind because it's so thin for the size of it & light but its not flimsy at all.
To be honest there's f*** all in it really is there, both phones are great bits of kit IMO I just fancied a change

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here